Player Topic: Raheem Sterling (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
good player who works hard as well....adds a different dimension to the squad and like others he is suffering from a lack of confidence at the moment plus having to deal with covering for Kolorov and the loss of silva who he links very well with

I keep saying this but you really need to forget the fee we paid for him. Paying a lot of money for someone doesn't magically make them the finished product. He is 20 years old just remember that. Most players haven't even made it into the first team by that age. It will be 3-5 years minimum before he even comes close to becoming the player a lot of you seem to think he should be already. I know it can be frustrating when he makes mistakes but Sterling is a long term investment and he has all the attributes to be a special player we just have to be patient and not put too much pressure on him.

I think the overreaction is coming from a lot of people who rationalised to themselves that he was worth the £44m + £5m we paid for him, he wasn't. If you believe Sterling's a £50m player now, then you're going to be massively disappointed with what he's produced, and producing, so far.

He is not a £50m player. We paid over the odds.

He may becomes a £50m player in the future, but in no way shape or form does that fee reflect his ability at present.

And in that sense, I agree that people need to put aside the fee when reflecting upon his performances.

That said, ignoring all considerations re the fee, I have been particularly disappointed with his lack of cutting edge. And the way he's often all too willing to pass the buck and not take the responsibility for creating something himself.

Patience is key at the moment though, given his age. But he's certainly proven frustrating.

All the people having a dig at Sterling need to take a closer look at Toure and Aguero's form lately.

Can't we be critical of all 3?

Not really having the age argument either. Jo was about 20 or 21 (I think!) when we signed him. Nastasic and Savic were both young guys also.

Criticism towards them was always merited but NOT RAHEEM FFS HE'S JUST A KID!!!

A turd is a turd and Sterling's done sweet fuck all to suggest he can keep possession well, cross a ball or score goals.

I can't think of much else I'd want a winger to do over and above the duties I'd expect of any given player i.e. help with defensive duties and run about a lot.

Mangala is the prime example of a player signing for a huge fee and still needing time to settle and justify his price tag.

I don't disagree with that but Sterling is also bang average in my opinion
I want him to be a success because I want us to be successful but in my opinion he's quick with little else to add.
We had that already with Navas.

I don't disagree with that but Sterling is also bang average in my opinion
I want him to be a success because I want us to be successful but in my opinion he's quick with little else to add.
We had that already with Navas.

If the club didn't feel that Sterling wasn't worth it they wouldn't of gone to all that trouble in sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.