Player Topic: Vincent Kompany (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the reason the defence imhas been so poor is all the swapping and changing. It's no supprise that last season MDM was decent when he got a good run and at the start of this season Mangala was decent when he got a run too.

I think if we keep with the two CB's we have they will come good as a pairing.
You can expect to just drop people into a team, swap and change and they be as solid as if they were played consistently.

I'd also point to VK's injury record in the 2nd half of last season too. It's not just this year, his injuries have been constant for 12 months.

Such is the level of shite on here, I'm waiting for the first serious suggestion we go for Phil Jones. Then we can truly fcuk off the commodity that is/was/never should have been our skipper.

And please can we have no other bonehead saying "recall Denayer"?

Of all threads, this one best shows the dross we are starting to collect as City "supporters".

Last edited:
Such is the level of shite on here, I'm waiting for the first serious suggestion we go for Phil Jones. Then we can truly fcuk off the commodity that is/was/never should have been our skipper.

And please can we have no other bonehead saying "recall Denayer"?

Of all threads, this one best shows the dross we are starting to collect as City "supporters".
Phil Jones hahahaha give it a rest,Chris smalling on the other hand ;-)

Noticed a lot with our defending the two CB are always man marking so when the striker drops back one of our defenders will stop being in his position and then there's always a space in behind because none of our midfielders will drop into the space once our defender has gone following the striker.

God knows how Pellegrini has still allowed this to happen

We have two fit centre backs and one inadequate backup who has gone on a season too long. We seem to need a back up centre half that won't take weeks or months to adapt. It's all very well sneering at suggestions like Shawcross but world class defenders aren't available in January. The thought that we are one suspension or injury away from having Demi as a first pick doesn't fill me with confidence.

I'd prefer to get an experienced premier defender in who can do a job straight away if he has to. A loan would do. Someone in early thirties happy to take one last good payday and not worry about being a backup even.

Has Konpany actually had an operation to try and cure this problem or has he just had rehab?

Don't know but from what I've read calf injuries can be hard to shake off because of scar tissue and loss of flexibility making recurrences very likely.

I think that's what Hart was on about when he said that VK won't be a 50 games a season guy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.