Player Topic: Vincent Kompany (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our defensive woes are easily solved by a world class holding midfielder to play alonside a 2 of yaya/diniho/silva which would mean the defence being less exposed week in week out! I'd even bring in fernando and let him play the role when fit in tough games at least he's disciplined and won't go charging forward!

Don't know but from what I've read calf injuries can be hard to shake off because of scar tissue and loss of flexibility making recurrences very likely.

I think that's what Hart was on about when he said that VK won't be a 50 games a season guy again.

I think this is right -- talking to a friend of mine and former player in his younger days who went through similar issues, surgery to scrape the scar tissue and/or replace one of the calf tendons isn't very common but it can become necessary when the problem is chronic. The recovery period from such is measured in months, not weeks. I am hopeful we aren't at that point.

I am simply gutted for VK -- he's not only a great captain, player and spokesman but off the pitch does so much for others too.

Our defensive woes are easily solved by a world class holding midfielder to play alonside a 2 of yaya/diniho/silva which would mean the defence being less exposed week in week out! I'd even bring in fernando and let him play the role when fit in tough games at least he's disciplined and won't go charging forward!

A traffic cone wouldn't go charging forward either and would cost a lot less in wages

We have two fit centre backs and one inadequate backup who has gone on a season too long. We seem to need a back up centre half that won't take weeks or months to adapt. It's all very well sneering at suggestions like Shawcross but world class defenders aren't available in January. The thought that we are one suspension or injury away from having Demi as a first pick doesn't fill me with confidence.

I'd prefer to get an experienced premier defender in who can do a job straight away if he has to. A loan would do. Someone in early thirties happy to take one last good payday and not worry about being a backup even.
You forgot to metion that one of our other centre backs is a liability without kompany by his side.

He was outdoors with the squad but didn't train. Just grouped together with everyone was wearing trainers and socks but nothing on the calf like tape or strapping. I know it's a muscle injury but wouldn't he have something on it if it was serious?

He was outdoors with the squad but didn't train. Just grouped together with everyone was wearing trainers and socks but nothing on the calf like tape or strapping. I know it's a muscle injury but wouldn't he have something on it if it was serious?
Compression sock maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.