Player Topic: Vincent Kompany (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe a little unfair to say he broke down,he took an arkward fall / stumble soon after coming on.
My problem was what was he doing on anyway ?
Its known the injury needs rest ,the game was safe and the more mangala and oti play together the better ,why put him on?

Anyone else remember Bellamy kicking off when he was forced to run up hills for fitness and refused? He knew that if he trained like that he'd be crocked in no time. Bellamy maybe not the best example but like someone said there's a clear pattern emerging.

Doesn't sound like it's too serious this time. He played some part in training today before going off to do some physio on his calf. He's walking and running seemingly without any discomfort.

Doesn't sound like it's too serious this time. He played some part in training today before going off to do some physio on his calf. He's walking and running seemingly without any discomfort.

Sounds positive, let's hope all these injuries haven't had a lasting affect mentally.

There is definitely a pattern... Anyone ask Micah what the difference is between the two treatments?

I've half remembered something here but can't piece together the full story from my brain.

The way we work on physical training has a different emphasis to some other teams in the league. The thing I remember about it is reading a discussion about it between some coaches on Twitter who seemed to be split on it.

I was debating whether to post this or not because I cannot remember the proper ins and outs of it, but I think they were talking about something called suspension training whereby they develop through different range of movement rather than traditional exercises on machines or what have you that only take you through one plane. The upside being the increased balance and coordination but it's a trade off for raw muscular strength.

The gist of it is that it's fine for injury prevention but it could complicate recovery which the advocates were denying with some muscle talk that went over my head.

I know that when Sam Erith took over as our Head of Sports Science in about 2011/12, the noises coming out of Spurs were one of incredulity because they had one of the worst injury records in the league at the time and they couldn't understand why we'd appoint him. Our injury record since that point compared to before seems to me to line up with when the problems really began. Not that they lie squarely at his door of course because that's too simplistic an answer but it may be a contributing factor to whatever degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.