Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Rolee

Only managed to do the first half of the Palace game. 11 positives from the first half, including his goal which he showed great strength and to get the power on the header. In the 39th minute he had a weak shot on target, but the way he created the space for himself with his movement was class. 44th minute the link up play with Kelechi and Zab which led to KDB's goal again was top drawer.
16 negatives in that half also, giving the ball away more than retaining possession when people on here believe his hold up play is his best ability, 16th minute being an example where Zab and Bolassie clash heads. 3rd minute you're screaming for him to make a run across goal when KDB takes that shot we discussed. Lost possession with his hold up play more than finding a City player. Very static, doesn't run channels, or try to get in behind defence.

Not all bad, I have taken the best and worst and tried to give a fair view of the main incidents, I have listed all events of his involvement. 27 in total. While I have been harsh in my criticism, on that 50 minutes he has a lot to improve on.

@Rolee

Only managed to do the first half of the Palace game. 11 positives from the first half, including his goal which he showed great strength and to get the power on the header. In the 39th minute he had a weak shot on target, but the way he created the space for himself with his movement was class. 44th minute the link up play with Kelechi and Zab which led to KDB's goal again was top drawer.
16 negatives in that half also, giving the ball away more than retaining possession when people on here believe his hold up play is his best ability, 16th minute being an example where Zab and Bolassie clash heads. 3rd minute you're screaming for him to make a run across goal when KDB takes that shot we discussed. Lost possession with his hold up play more than finding a City player. Very static, doesn't run channels, or try to get in behind defence.

Not all bad, I have taken the best and worst and tried to give a fair view of the main incidents, I have listed all events of his involvement. 27 in total. While I have been harsh in my criticism, on that 50 minutes he has a lot to improve on.

Nice to see that you have made a balanced assessment. What is true though is that if you did that kind of assessment on all players in that game, I believe you would draw the same conclusion that everyone has a lot to improve on. Bottom line is that not any one player plays the perfect game, everyone has good and bad moments for whatever reason in a game.

I am just hoping that those who have really laid into Wilf these last few days are man and mature enough to acknowledge that and either cut him some slack or start calling the whole squad Dog Turd on here and see where that leads them.

Nice to see that you have made a balanced assessment. What is true though is that if you did that kind of assessment on all players in that game, I believe you would draw the same conclusion that everyone has a lot to improve on. Bottom line is that not any one player plays the perfect game, everyone has good and bad moments for whatever reason in a game.

I am just hoping that those who have really laid into Wilf these last few days are man and mature enough to acknowledge that and either cut him some slack or start calling the whole squad Dog Turd on here and see where that leads them.

I don't think its a fair assessment either, I'd like to add. You can't scout a player properly on 45+5 of football. When I've done scout reports in the past on here and mainly on younger players, I've always watched them for a minimum of 3 games. I have done more a review rather than a report. So while the findings might be accurate, I will admit they are not conclusive because of the time the player has been reviewed for.

I don't think its a fair assessment either, I'd like to add. You can't scout a player properly on 45+5 of football. When I've done scout reports in the past on here and mainly on younger players, I've always watched them for a minimum of 3 games. I have done more a review rather than a report. So while the findings might be accurate, I will admit they are not conclusive because of the time the player has been reviewed for.

Agreed, but would you agree every player does make mistakes in every game?

Agreed, but would you agree every player does make mistakes in every game?
You can fuck right off if you think I'm doing the whole team ;)
I was trying to keep an eye on Kelechi too, and even though I wasn't taking notes, for someone inexperienced I don't believe he mad as many mistakes.
Again it was only 50 minutes of football though

You can fuck right off if you think I'm doing the whole team ;)
I was trying to keep an eye on Kelechi too, and even though I wasn't taking notes, for someone inexperienced I don't believe he mad as many mistakes.
Again it was only 50 minutes of football though

Your missing my point. In every game, no one will have a flawless game and make the odd mistake or two as well as having good moments. By all means (we all are culpable) of criticising a player when mistakes are made and quite often you will hear a huge groan from the crowd when things like this happen. I just don't get why for some reason, one or two (you included) are targeting Bony purely focusing on his errors and (coming out with terms as "useless" "Fat" "Dog Turd" etc), without using similar analogies for Kev, Kun, Merlin et al, because, believe it or not, they make a similar amount of mistakes in a game as anyone else.

Don't mind a player being criticised, do mind when said person is being singled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.