Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would have come handy vs Everton last night. Aguero was just powerless against their defence.

Would have come handy vs Everton last night. Aguero was just powerless against their defence.
He would have been great receiving the ball and then sending it backwards ever time just what we needed. Just what the doctor ordered.

A decent striker in his early 30's with a notable past would have been the best bet for us. I've said for a long time now that defoe would fit the bill. As would Villa.

Technically he is very good, his headers are amazing, his hold up play is fantastic, his shooting is good, his passing is good, the only thing he lacks is a work-rate.

Harsh but a ring of truth
There is no ring of truth to it. Sure, Bony is not a good City fit, but this doesn't make him a poor striker. He is actually pretty good.

I think giving a list of who is better misses the point. As frankly that above list just names players who are either hot now or were once hot. Funny enough, Bony himself was once hot, and probably will be again in a different system.

If we sold Bony, I'd rather we brought in a player at a different position. If we sold Bony and brought in Isco for example, I believe we would have improved our attacking more than if we went and got Ighalo or Benteke. Just to mention 2 of the players in the list above.

The penchant to always wanna replace like for like, isn't always the best policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.