Come On You Reds

Granted that City have never been a selling club, and you can probably fill books with the number of players we have bought over the years and sold off at a loss, but how many have we actually made a profit on? Thinking mainly in cash terms as some deals are more complex involving player exchanges etc. The ones I can think of off the top of my head are:

Franny Lee to Derby
Paul Stewart to Spurs
SWP to Chelsea
Leroy to Bayern
should be a quick thread

I cant think of any off the top of my head but there again we're not a selling club, we buy well and use them well and they're knackered once they leave City for an easier club

We made a tidy profit on Iheanacho, Rony Lopes, Denayer and a few other youngsters.

We are fortunate now that most of our best senior players stay until they are in there latter years so they're sell on value has decreased. Had a few shockers though when we first got taken over in Santa Cruz, Bridge, Adebayor but was all part of the club growing.

SWP was not bought by us initially, the first academy player to come through even though he joined late.

Kinky, Corluka, McCarthy and a new one Mooy who Melbourne paid for and we sold for a lot more.

The OP doesn’t say players bought by City originally, just those we made a profit on.
So...
Gary Owen
Peter Barnes
Steve MacKenzie
Ian Bowyer
Clive Wilson
Tommy Caton
Nicky Reid

Etc, etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.