Players / fans

Personally speaking, if I were a player I'd go over and thank fans. How long does it take? 2 min? And they shouldn't do it for fear of the power fans hold (a la Dortmund) they should do it simply becasue they want to.

Having said all that, I'm not really arsed if they don't. Some folk are just very needy.

Personally I do think it's sad that some players don't clap the fans. It takes 1 minute and for me it makes a big difference, especially after a long away day.

Personally, I would also clap the fans but it works both ways, how many people leave early at home games and don't bother clapping the players off. That doesn't happen in Germany, they players and fans have a healthier respect for each other.

Why Always Ste said:
The Players understand in this league that we the customers don't mean shit and are easily replaced when the club is at the top.

Don't like not being applauded? fine go support someone else...is the clubs attitude.The likes of Dortmund are part-owned by fans and the players know where their bread is buttered. piss the fans off? you ain't gonna get paid.

Come on mate - you clearly have an agenda against the club at the moment. City care about their fans.

Not all the players do.

At away games the away end is still full at the final whistle where as at home games half the ground has fucked off by the 87th minute.

Causeway_Boy said:
Personally I do think it's sad that some players don't clap the fans. It takes 1 minute and for me it makes a big difference, especially after a long away day.

How exactly does it make a difference? And you say especially after a long away day? So, on a short away day it's not too bad if they don't applaud?

mekonmcfc said:
the majority dont give a shit about fans anymore, most have never been fans as they have been so sheltered and looked after all their lives, and as a premier league footballer they have absolutely everything done for them and never mix with fans. Posh 5 star hotel before the home match and ushered on to the coach without signing autographs and into the stadium in the same manner with the security shuffling them in.

me and my son who was 8 waited in the rain outside the team hotel before a home match so he could see them, not one player looked at any of the fans, only Mancini came over and shook our hands.

they have now been elevated into what they perceive as a god like status

Mancini OUT

bugsyblue said:
Why Always Ste said:
The Players understand in this league that we the customers don't mean shit and are easily replaced when the club is at the top.

Don't like not being applauded? fine go support someone else...is the clubs attitude.The likes of Dortmund are part-owned by fans and the players know where their bread is buttered. piss the fans off? you ain't gonna get paid.

Come on mate - you clearly have an agenda against the club at the moment. City care about their fans.

Not all the players do.
Mate the club dont give a fuck about the fans,have a look at the latest suvey and unless your an idiot we all know where its heading. Also have a look at all the 3 match bans given to fans for nothing. You wont find a bigger blue than me mate but i am now considering not renewing next season and i go home and away every game

Impeccable said:
Causeway_Boy said:

How exactly does it make a difference? And you say especially after a long away day? So, on a short away day it's not too bad if they don't applaud?

It shows that they apreciate our support. The further distance the away game is, the more effort it is to go. Hence, why it is apreciated when they players clap the fans.

I love the way the German players respect their fans.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fSYXR9iYo[/youtube]

Too much to ask for here but what I hope for in the next 10 years is a homegrown local lad breaking through who understands what it is to be a City fan, someone the fans can really relate to and who in turn salutes us. Who was the last player to kiss the City badge by the way? I wouldn't be able to stop myself if I played for our club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.