Players / fans

Footballers don't even clap anymore, they do this fake action of a clap where they don't actually get their hands to meet.

I watched a video of the schalke team after their derby victory at dortmund. The whole team come over to salute the fans, they sit down on the pitch for a few minutes, even the goal keeper went in to the stand and picked up the megaphone to start a few chants.

I would just settle for the whole team to come over after the match.

sput the wonder pig said:
Great win, bloody cold !!! And is it wrong to expect more than 6 players to applaud us fans !!
Maybe I'm just getting old !

yes mate they should all do it - given what they earn and what you paid to watch them

Well most of the players nowadays don't give a toss about the fans. A few do like Hart, Micah, and Zaba but the player/fan bond isn't there like it used to be as English football is a game about money now as much as anything. You'll see closer bonds between players and fans in some foreign leagues, such as Germany (as davymcfc pointed out)... look at Dortmund with their fans after playing us.

The Players understand in this league that we the customers don't mean shit and are easily replaced when the club is at the top.

Don't like not being applauded? fine go support someone else...is the clubs attitude.

The likes of Dortmund are part-owned by fans and the players know where their bread is buttered. piss the fans off? you ain't gonna get paid.

It depends on the nature of the game. After the 6-1 they all came over and they have done the Poznan infront of us both at Wembley and after winning the league. Last night was one of those get out there, get the job done and go home type games and that's exactly what they did. Personally it would be nice if they did it every game though but shit happens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.