Players, managers or chairmen that you got completely wrong

There is a Light

In your time as a blue who have you had to hold your hands up about and admit you got them completely wrong??

An obvious one from me who proved everyone wrong.. The Goat - when he first signed from Bristol City he just looked like a freak with no co-ordination and no chance of scoring the goals to keeping us up and getting us back into the top flight. He showed a few signs on the day we went down against Stoke but not for one minute did I think he would end up as one of, if not the City legend of my lifetime. I worshipped the man by the time his 30 odd goals in Keegans team took us back up. In the end it was a shame that he was forced out of the door in the way he was. Remember the big 'Feed the Goat' flag at the European Championships in 2000.. superb. While I'm at it, it would probably be a missed opportunity not to post his finest hour. For this alone he will never be forgotten..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCMaZ8RNTio[/youtube]

Feed the Goat and he will score.....

In recent times, it'd have to be Tevez. I thought he was no better than average at the vermin. Proved me wrong, on the pitch anyway. Watching the season review DVD, you get some idea of just how many of his goals are top notch. He doesn't seem to get that many ''tap-ins''. Off the pitch? I'll wait and see.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Stuart Pearce - thought he was going to be a great young manager when he took over from KK. He turned out to be a plank of wood. And that's probably insulting to planks.

I'd agree with that. A big problem was he had a bright start which raised expectation levels. Keegan lost the plot and it didn't take much to rejuvinate a side low on confidence. He knew all the Players. He'd played with some of them. Then there was that season. Oh we never score at home...

jo-signs-for-man-city.jpg

emmanuel-adebayor-_1480432c.jpg

Craig Bellamy.

I really did not want us to sign him, considering all the baggage he had.

But what a revelation. I will never forget his contribution in the swamp 3-4 derby.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.