Players reportedly tell Pep to stop "tinkering"

If true it's interesting that they would blame tactics for creating so many good chances. I'm still new to this but I didn't think tactics resulted in missing so many chances.

As for tinkering with the team. He needs to do more of it. There are 2 or 3 that just need to be dropped but rarely are
Indeed!

Lack of self performance awareness from the players.

If they can’t see that Pep picks teams and tactics that help create loads of chances but they miss them, then there’s something wrong with them.

If they put the ball in the back of the net with the tactics and personnel we’ve had then we’d be in the title race.

The tactics have created the most shots and most clear cut chances in Europe, but they’ve fucked them up far too often.

Although does Sterling need dropping, Gundogan only ever picked in defensive mid, Rodri never paired with DSilva or Gundogan because they’re all too slow to play together!

Sorry but they don’t have much of a leg to stand on with this. I agree of course that players should be able to tell their manager if they are unhappy with aspects of his management and in a professional environment it’s better to get things in the open.
Looking back at all the games we’ve dropped points though and I doubt you can point to many where the tactics were to blame whereas individual errors and poor finishing will be prevalent.
Peps not infallible by any stretch, I’m not convinced the tactics or tinkering are the problem in this case.
But can the two things really be separated like that or does one have an impact on the other?

Perhaps if the team selection settles down a bit, the players will get in their stride more and cut out some of the individual errors that have plagued us this season.

the question for me is, how do the papers 'know'?

it's unfathomable to me why Bernardo didn't start on Sunday.
Given Raheem’s form has fallen off a cliff and Bernie has been playing well how does Raz get in the side at the moment and Silva doesn’t. Also why does Raz never get taken off when he should, it was obvious to a lot of blues that he should have been the one to come off first and not Sergio.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.