Players reportedly tell Pep to stop "tinkering"

Indeed!

Lack of self performance awareness from the players.

If they can’t see that Pep picks teams and tactics that help create loads of chances but they miss them, then there’s something wrong with them.

If they put the ball in the back of the net with the tactics and personnel we’ve had then we’d be in the title race.

The tactics have created the most shots and most clear cut chances in Europe, but they’ve fucked them up far too often.

Although does Sterling need dropping, Gundogan only ever picked in defensive mid, Rodri never paired with DSilva or Gundogan because they’re all too slow to play together!

The tactics also mean that we concede fewer shots against us than any other team in the league.

What is it about this "tinkering" the players don't like? Do they not like having 5 times as many chances as the opposition, or scoring 100 goals faster than any of the teams in the top 5 European leagues?

Smells like bull-crap to me.
I don’t believe it’s the whole truth either.

The tactics also mean that we concede fewer shots against us than any other team in the league.

And we have fucked that up too!

the players need to look at themselves first and foremost but should be able to voice an opinion if they feel that what they are being told to do isn’t right. The boss has the final say though as it’s always his chopper on the block.

Of our players this season I would say only 2/3 would hit an 8/10. Lots would be a 6 and a fair few under that. That’s with 6 being average.

Personally think this deserves a thread of it's own.

Apparently the players had an exchange with Pep after Sunday's loss whereby they asked him to stop changing tactics and personnel.

Hopefully everyone getting it off their chests means we can focus on being the best version of ourselves we can be.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-Guardiola-stop-rotating-players-tactics.html

Wonder where this story came from? The Mail "understands"

Was there any complaints during the seasons they won multiple trophies?

A bullshit article by a bullshit 'journalist' from a bullshit newspaper. Or was Riyad the trusted source whose permanent headache inflicted on him by a constant change in tactics was a cause to pass the ball from the corner kick straight to one of the Spurs players. Pep is the 'Schodinger manager' according to the most of British media, he only knows 'pass-to-death' football and doesn't have a plan B went things go south, but somehow simultaneously he is tinkering with squad and formation on the weekly basis. Another proof why DM readers are so fucked up!

And we have fucked that up too!

the players need to look at themselves first and foremost but should be able to voice an opinion if they feel that what they are being told to do isn’t right. The boss has the final say though as it’s always his chopper on the block.

Of our players this season I would say only 2/3 would hit an 8/10. Lots would be a 6 and a fair few under that. That’s with 6 being average.
Indeed.

Pep is the last person who I’m looking at, at the moment though.

If we weren’t creating the chances and were conceding loads of shots, I’d be laying the blame at his door... but it’s the players fault all this!

Whatever the outcome of this, if any, and we always hear the old adage ‘he’s lost the dressing room’. In this case we and the club should stand by Pep and some of those players need to look at themselves before laying the blame at Pep. I am not saying Pep is perfect and not made any mistakes, but this is the best manager of the modern football age and we need to ensure we keep him as long as possible. We all have our opinions on which players should and should not be playing, but as others have said given the number of chances we create and the few we give the opposition would suggest the tactics are fine. For what it is worth we need to pick players on form and in their best positions. Give Garcia a long stint at CB and put Fernie back to DM, take Sterling out of the team for an extended time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.