Players who might improve us

Masuaku has been phenomenal for the past few weeks. Still not convinced that he is solid defensively, but he is great going forward. I said last week that he's a decent alternative to Ghoulam, who we were previously linked with.

And @aguero93:20 should note that Cresswell didn't play today.

Last edited:
Masuaku has been phenomenal for the past few weeks. Still not convinced that he is solid defensively, but he is great going forward. I said last week that he's a decent alternative to Ghoulam, who we were previously linked with.

Let me start off by saying I dislike when folks use either one of the following types of arguments.

1) "A" is playing well because "B" is protecting him and doing his job.
Or the inverse
2) A is playing poorly coz he has to do the jobs of B and C.

Both are on their face football fallacies and it irks me when see it used. @aguero93:20 shouldn't have.

That said, Maauaku is what I'd call a flash player. So in essence Aguero93.20 underlying conclusion (that he doesn't think Matsuaku is a good fullback) I agree with. Even though his reasoning is fallacious. You are right, It has nothing to do with Creswell.

Matsuaku is a dribbler, period. A Fanciful, flashy dribbler with average end product. And that's his best attribute. It catches the eye, but that's about it. His crosses are average, his decision making is mostly poor, his defending is average.

Could he play at City? Probably. He'd need to cut out most of what folks like about him now though. Coz Pep wouldn't stand for losing possession as often from a fullback doing tricks.

He is athletic enough and intelligent enough to catch on. As any fullback or Wingback, with an 84% pass completion rate on a team outside of the top 6, has value.

But the above clip is indicative of a flash player in a poor team. He runs himself into a tight corner ( of his own doing), then tries a flick trick that won't come off 90% of the time. Then proceeds to lose possession but gets lucky the ball scuts to his teammate.

And this is what some hammer fan posts as proof of him being good? I.d take Delph getting the ball, reading the double team and then quickly passing it back to Otamendi or Dihno for a quick rotation everyday of the week over that shit above.

Not a patch on Delph right now.

Yeah that kind of money for Ghoulam is insane considering he's injured at the moment. How dare Mourinho spend striker money on a full back!

Woah. This guy is terrible sorry to say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.