Players who might improve us

Krzysztof Piatek is arguably the major breakthrough of the year amongst attacking players.
15 goals in 20 games for Genoa, 1 in 1 for Poland, 7 in 6 for Milan (!!!). He has his own style, but I'm getting that Inzaghi/Crespo/Sheva vibe about him.

Edit: He has just scored again :D

Last edited:
According to La Gazetta dello Sport Piątek is a mix of 6 former AC Milan players:

Inzaghi - instinct
Shevchenko - decisions
Gilardino - heading
van Basten - acrobatic skills
Ibrahimovic - personality
Pato - pace

b12ca3dfa756802d71772528f4014799.jpg

Watched Leverkusen-Krasnodar yesterday, Julian Brandt was immense.

Bosz has converted him from inside forward/AM into a Pep-style 8.

Compared to KdB he has roughly the same height and physique, same ability to play both in attack and midfield, same powerful shot, worse (though still very impressive) delivery but much better technique on the ball and ability in tight spaces (almost Zidane/Iniesta-like).

Also, he's less dynamic than KdB when gets forward and relies more on short passing and silky technique.
Perfect description

Last edited:
If we do decide to move on from Mahrez I’d love to try to get Douglas Costa. Thrives in Peps system and very tricky out wide. Knows what it’s like against a parked bus

If we do decide to move on from Mahrez I’d love to try to get Douglas Costa. Thrives in Peps system and very tricky out wide. Knows what it’s like against a parked bus
1 goal and 2 assists in 24 games (all comps) this season

1 goal and 2 assists in 24 games (all comps) this season

Then he should be cheap!

He was very good last season and looked great in World Cup as well when he played. Ronaldo sucks all the oxygen out of an attack I find it hard to be overly critical of a player who can’t find a way to make it work with him. He’s likely available, knows this system, and fits in with our Brazilian contingent. Don’t know if he’d accept a rotation role but he catches my eye when I see him play. No doubt some risk there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.