Players who had a trial

Le Havre Oswald

is there any list, or does anyone know any players (high profile) who had a trial with us yet still made it in football somewhere else.

Watching that Nir Bitton for Celtic and reminded me he played one friendly a few years ago, Also remember hearing mark schwarzer played a reserve game in the late 90s.

Ta

is there any list, or does anyone know any players (high profile) who had a trial with us yet still made it in football somewhere else.

Watching that Nir Bitton for Celtic and reminded me he played one friendly a few years ago, Also remember hearing mark schwarzer played a reserve game in the late 90s.

Ta
I'm sure loads of anecdotal stuff will come out. One that sticks out for me is that Big Mal had Ian a rush on trial

Not sure if schwarzer had a trial but from memory it was his choice to join the smoggies.

My Grandad (goalkeeper) had a trial with City in the thirties. Same time as Frank Swift joined the club. Still have the letter somewhere "bring your own boots".

Not high profile but remember him saying he saw Swift play and decided he'd stick to his welding career at Scotts.

Schwarzer deffo had a reserve game and then fucked off to Bradford.

I think the days of having a trial are well gone..... players are watched and watched and then invited to clubs and will play an academy game. The days of a player aged 16 plus turning up and getting a reserve team or ''A'' team game just don't exist (as indeed reserve teams and ''A'' teams dont exist ha ha)

I watched Uwe Roslers trial in a reserve game at Maine RD. Mate of mine was in the youth team at the time and said we should come down and have a look. Think he scored 2 from memory!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.