Players who might improve us

No that I am looking for a Leroy Sane departure as he does offer something the rest of he wingers do not but it does seem to be gaining a bit of momentum, dependant on whichever report is “latest”

How about a potential replacement being Felipe Anderson, I thought he was very good for a pretty poor WHU last year and could be a fantastic option. The main thing being he has obviously proved himself in the premier league with the pace and physicality but he also has a football brain which is pretty critical in Guardiola’s teams.

Not good enough even for our bench.

No that I am looking for a Leroy Sane departure as he does offer something the rest of he wingers do not but it does seem to be gaining a bit of momentum, dependant on whichever report is “latest”

How about a potential replacement being Felipe Anderson, I thought he was very good for a pretty poor WHU last year and could be a fantastic option. The main thing being he has obviously proved himself in the premier league with the pace and physicality but he also has a football brain which is pretty critical in Guardiola’s teams.
Run, Bubba, run!!

Rather than focus on particular players, I look at the squad/team and think of aspects where we could still improve. There are two aspects that spring to mind.

I still don’t think we have a powerful player who can take the ball from our own box and carry it up the middle of the park on the counter, i.e. to the final third. De Bruyne can partially do it but is better at releasing the ball earlier, and I’m not sure any of the other experienced midfielders look capable of doing it. I’m thinking in the style of Toure in his pomp. Perhaps this is something Foden will bring as he develops physically.

I still don’t think we have a centre forward who is capable of leaving a top defender for dead in a foot race through the middle. We’ve got plenty trickery and clever passing but I’m thinking in the style of Mbappe. Perhaps Sane could become that player.

Are there any other aspects?

Rather than focus on particular players, I look at the squad/team and think of aspects where we could still improve. There are two aspects that spring to mind.

I still don’t think we have a powerful player who can take the ball from our own box and carry it up the middle of the park on the counter, i.e. to the final third. De Bruyne can partially do it but is better at releasing the ball earlier, and I’m not sure any of the other experienced midfielders look capable of doing it. I’m thinking in the style of Toure in his pomp. Perhaps this is something Foden will bring as he develops physically.

I still don’t think we have a centre forward who is capable of leaving a top defender for dead in a foot race through the middle. We’ve got plenty trickery and clever passing but I’m thinking in the style of Mbappe. Perhaps Sane could become that player.

Are there any other aspects?
Can see what you’re saying @Gabriel but not many teams give us space to run behind. I’d take Aguero over any other cf in the world at the minute. I do agree that I could see Sané moving central ala Henry at Arsenal. Yaya was a one off, I can’t think of any player like him.

Could Tarkowski do a job for us? Decent in the air and not terrible on the floor. 4th choice option and someone to play against the more direct sides?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.