Players who should have played for City.

I liked Sheron. We had a number of good players who were not quite good enough. I liked Fitzroy Simpson as well.

When you think about Coton, Brightwell, Curle, Henry, Vonk, Phelan, Lake, Simpson, Flitcroft, Lomas, White, Hughes, Ward, Quinn, Sheron, Allen, Reid and McMahon for experience and Edghill coming through, we could’ve had a great squad if the stars had aligned.
Agree that squad could have achieved more with a couple of decent signings. Andy Hill had a decent spell at right back and centre half. For reasons known to himself Reid didnt fancy Hendry.

Last edited:
I liked Sheron. We had a number of good players who were not quite good enough. I liked Fitzroy Simpson as well.

When you think about Coton, Brightwell, Curle, Henry, Vonk, Phelan, Lake, Simpson, Flitcroft, Lomas, White, Hughes, Ward, Quinn, Sheron, Allen, Reid and McMahon for experience and Edghill coming through, we could’ve had a great squad if the stars had aligned.

Yes we were only a player or two away. I really think if we had spent the Curle/Phelan money on say Ian Wright, Townsend, or another top midfiekder, and kept Hughes/Hendry things could have been been different.

Seem to recall when we contacted Palace Wright was already on his way to Arsenal.Would certainly have improved us, at times we were desperate for a strike partner for Quinn, Allen didnt seem to fit in, Heath didnt score and Sheron didnt fulfill his early promise.

White and Quinn were one of the partnerships around at the time.

Lassana Diarra
Mikael Silvestre
I read somewhere we were once close to signing Ibrahimovic as well.

White and Quinn were one of the partnerships around at the time.
Agree they had a good spell but White was mainly a right winger up til about 91 When he moved inside Quinn's goals reduced, another different type of striker may have allowed White to move back wide, most teams played 442 at this time, and we played a lot of long balls, although at times this did suit White's pace.

Agree they had a good spell but White was mainly a right winger up til about 91 When he moved inside Quinn's goals reduced, another different type of striker may have allowed White to move back wide, most teams played 442 at this time, and we played a lot of long balls, although at times this did suit White's pace.

I think he move inside when Kendall came an narrowed the pitch after a few weeks, and played a back 5 with Harper as sweeper. He got his England cap as a striker, and when Quinn got injured he took his place like Burnley away in the cup. i think if Wright signed he would have pushed left in a 4 3 3 at that time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.