Players who should have played for City.

Listened to an under the cosh documentary and it appears we bid 5 million for the Burnley winger Glen Little. Interestingly it was around the same time as we bought Jon Macken so Its likely if the transfer had gone ahead we may not have won at Spurs in the Cup and David James would have played more matches upfront. A real sliding doors moment.

Also pretty sure John Mcginlay of Bolton said we tried to sign him circa 1997

Is there nobody in there mid-40s and remembers the teenage excitement of City signing Arthur Numan only for the Dutch Fa allegedly to talk him out of it?

Why'd you have to be in your mid 40's to remember that? I'm 53, and I remember it clear as day. Ageist!

Some of this is like that famous headline in the Luton Herald …

ROYLE NOT FOR LUTON

Effenberg. Turned us down. Did we sign bosvelt instead? Back in the day when I used to listen to talk sport for transfer rumours.

Why'd you have to be in your mid 40's to remember that? I'm 53, and I remember it clear as day. Ageist!

Lol, but at 25 (your age at the time) you probably never had wait for your parents to go out, to sneakily call clubcall at 30p a minute, for an update.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.