Players who underperformed at City but were great elsewhere

Manchester City
In the 1977 close season, Channon left Southampton — still in the Second Division — to join Manchester City in a £300,000 deal. His new club were making progress, having just finished second in the First Division behind champions Liverpool, but this was where they peaked and Channon struggled to settle. He scored just 12 goals in his first season and 11 in his second

And?

Struggled to settle doesn't mean he played badly and spent all the game on his arse, which was the point I was really replying to.

But as you pulled that text from wiki, I am thinking you're more arsed about 24 or 23 goals, so go back and read the apps/goals part in the top right and it says 24 goals.

Also, says 24 on this site

And?

Struggled to settle doesn't mean he played badly and spent all the game on his arse, which was the point I was really replying to.

But as you pulled that text from wiki, I am thinking you're more arsed about 24 or 23 goals, so go back and read the apps/goals part in the top right and it says 24 goals.

We bought him to push on and win the league in that respect he was a failure and came no where near the levels he reached at Southampton

And?

Scored his last goal in 1979 80 season that’s 12 plus 11 as stated then plus one. Suggest you need to start reading things before diving in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.