Players who underperformed at City but were great elsewhere

Rick Holden - looked great for Oldham but terrible for us. I could not believe that we swapped Redmond and Dissa for him.

Terry Phelan - for the fee we paid I expected far more than he delivered.

It is the ex-dippers that disappointed me most though - Fowler, McManatwat, Hamman, McMahon, Clough - a roll call of mediocrity.

Seeing the George Weah thread we've had a fair few of them down the years, some gave CIty a bit of decent service but many had far better days elsewhere. So your team that underperformed at City but were quality elsewhere.

Seaman

Maicon
Boateng
Kolo Toure
Pearce

Hargreaves
McManaman
Viera

Channon
Weah
Fowler

Would make a pretty tasty 11 at their peak , but not during their City playing days.
That’s a very formidable line up in their peak. I’m not sure Paddy Viera deserves to be there. I think he was pushing 35 when he was playing for us, and though frustrating and less mobile at times, he brought a mentality with him which was probably very important to how things started to shift for us.

Since one of your criteria is "underperformed at City" then I think you're being very harsh on Kolo Toure, Pearce (unless you mean as a manager!) and Vieira.

Were Pearce & Vieira as good as 5/10 years earlier in their prime? No, but they did what we asked them to do. Kolo was steady and a big part of our success. Also a very good car salesman on the side, I believe.
Good auld Volkswagen Kolo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.