Players who were talented but did not have the mentality.

Ah Adebayor. Always incredible in the season his contract was due for renewal and then became average again. I'm convinced he could have been as good as Drogba if he applied himself like that all the time.

Let's be honest, when you're a middling team, most of your best players are going to fit into this category. World class on their day, but never consistent enough. Elano was good enough to be world class, but he didn't show the hard work to be that consistent.

Always felt Daniel Sturridge could've been so much better. I think injuries are much more mentally testing for some footballers than we realise.

Also, the one and only...

Vicente Matias Vuoso

Always felt Daniel Sturridge could've been so much better. I think injuries are much more mentally testing for some footballers than we realise.

Also, the one and only...

Vicente Matias Vuoso
Always a huge fan of Sturridge after watching him score two screamers against Liverpool in youth cup final. Lost 3-2 overall but him and Richards were head and shoulders above everyone in that tie. Bloody Hughes never helped the contract situation playing Evans over him. Still had a pretty solid career overall despite his injuries, could have been so much more like you say though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.