Players you wished had stayed longer

Richard Dunne - for me, better than Lescott and deserved a chance to fight for a spot and ultimately pick up some silverware with his time at city which was warranted For all he gave. Would’ve still been an important squad player. F**k Mark Hughes and Cooke for dealing with it the way they did. Disgrace. Club captain and 4 consecutive years he’d won City PotY.

Vincent Kompany- Iconic, a visible loss in every sense this season.

SWP - gutted when Chelsea came
In. He seemed to be made of elastic or so it looked in the old oversized kits as he weaved through the rags defence year time again to unleash the a belter.

Micah Richards - injuries fucked him up, I think we missed his personality and laugh for a while after he left. Great to see him representing us on the telly in recent times. The Sports channels are taking a slightly different line when he’s in the studio. He calls stuff out when needs be and deflects other shite very well with his humour and laugh.

Niall Quinn - hero - met him recently, great guy, very humble and genuine and happy to give his time. He’s uprooted some serious trees in Irish football the last year or so.

Kinkladze - jaw dropping, the best parts of any 90s PL highlight reel belong probably to Kinkladze and Matt leTissier. Sprinkled with a night of bergkamp.

Bellamy - ballsy little twat, can’t fault his graft, and his pace would scare defenders. I love it that he’d get onto our ‘Brazilian contingency’ at the time letting the boys know they need to work harder. Took no shit

DeJong - “I fought DeJong, and DeJong won”

Michael Johnson (real shame, I was there the night we beat West Ham 3-1 under clueless. Jono came off the bench if I remember late on. Such hope for him)

Anelka (though that was never on the cards, he couldn’t sit still and always sulking. Great footballer. Turkey on Sunday, Paris Monday, Manchester Tuesday, Sheffield Wednesday...apologies, I’m just getting used to being the age where I can use dad jokes)

Last edited:
Richard Dunne
Vincent Kompany
SWP
Micah Richards
Kinkladze
Bellamy
DeJong
Anelka (though that was never on the cards, he couldn’t sit still and always sulking. Great footballer. Turkey on Sunday, Paris Monday, Manchester Tuesday, Sheffield Wednesday...apologies, I’m just getting used to being the age where I can use dad jokes)
You forgot the "more clubs than Jack Nicklaus" gag!

Van Buyten
Haha, I knew that one would appear in the first few posts. Still pisses me off that they refused to pay the transfer fee for a player we knew was great with the amount of money they'd wasted (and would go on to waste) on shite.

He was never the same player when he left us. I don’t think he wanted to go. I was made up when he came back though but gutted he didn’t get on the bench for the FA Cup final.
He wasn't the same player when he came back either. He was a pale imitation of the player we had in the early noughties. Chelsea ruined him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.