Players you wished had stayed longer

Bell and Lake pure God's of City football and I am still wounded and they never left us. But 3 who moved on and hurt also when they were transferred Trevor Francis, Clive Allen and David Rocastle.

From yesteryear it has to be Deyna (maybe we should have bought him earlier rather than stayed longer) or Gary Owen, More lately Corluka was class for the season we had him - Danny Tiatto - can’t explain that one‍, and Nigel de Jong

I have to say Beagrie, Walsh, Rosler, Kinky, Curle and Flitcroft with another mention of Hendry. Beags was the first winger I really remember us having who turned people inside and out for fun. If he had more pace he would have been a world bester. Rated Walsh as a ferret of a striker who was pretty quick and a decent finisher. Rosler? Need I say anymore? Kinky, I know was only flashes of brilliance and I believe having him caused a fair amount of cracks in the dressing room to appear but he played like the ball was glued to his foot. Flitcroft I remember coming through the academy and thought we had a good player on our hands, a future captain but I guess we needed the money and were shite at the time. Curle and Hendry were outstanding centre backs and I don't really remember either having a stinker.

Oh and a shout for Murtaz Shelia. I thought that guy was immense and like a tank but I guess he was probably shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.