#PlayersTogether - Premier League stars come together to make a contribution to the NHS

MCFC1993

Almost as if some people are too quick to judge footballers sometimes. Most, if not all the players have come together to make a donation to the NHS. Can't think of any other industry/profession in the UK that has come together like this.

This contribution is separate from any league or club contribution, the players have organised this themselves.

Everyone involved deserves huge credit.

Just a selection of Players involved below, can find the rest online:

Amounts donated will remain anonymous as some clubs - and individual players - will put in more than others due to wage differences. The total figure will be at least £3 million but it is hoped that £4 million will be reached - although it could even be more

Whereas all squads will gladly contribute to the #PlayersTogether fund overseen by Premier League captains, some will not accept pay reductions

@guardian_sport

@SunSport

Amounts donated will remain anonymous as some clubs - and individual players - will put in more than others due to wage differences. The total figure will be at least £3 million but it is hoped that £4 million will be reached - although it could even be more

20 clubs. At least 20 big earners at each club.

An average of £10,000 each needed to get £4 million.

I hardly think that a group of millionaires giving approximately a fifth of one week's wages is worthwhile of massive praise , when you consider their wealth means that that fraction of wage is much less noticeable than it is to the average earner.

I'm not knocking them (well, i am a bit) but if those earning the most in society (including many more than footballers) can't give up at least this to help those in need in these extraordinary circumstances, then when can they.

Given that there are numerous sycophants always willing to line up to proclaim how footballers do "so much for charity", it's surprising that these leading charity icons consider this the pinnacle of their charitable response in such unique times.

P.s. this isn't to single out footballers. There are people who are earning far more than them who take out far more from society than they give back in comparison too. I'm just responding to the figures in this article.

It's all messed up for me. Normally everyone has a pop at the unemployed claiming benefits, or the disabled who don't look disabled claiming benefits, now everyone is out of work claiming this and that, the footballers are the target instead.

Nobody will have a pop at the rich bankers, sports stars, pop stars & politicians with the mega pensions while using expenses up on meals/hotels.

These players pay more tax in a year then what most people make in a few years. I'd be pissed off if I were a player being told what to do with their money, then made to feel guilty. It all stinks of the poppy shaming and shit like that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.