Playing For A Draw - The old City programme

stevemcgarry

Cityprogssmall.png

Hope nobody really minds a shameless plug ... but I've launched myself on Substack and I'll be posting lots of City-centric stuff there that hopefully will be of interest to a few Blues. Basically, I used to have a presence on myspace ... even at my advanced age I'm getting too young for Facebook ... and Twitter/X is now a hellhole... so before IG goes tits up, I thought I'd try the direct route. It's free to sign up, you get a weekly email in your inbox and access to my daily Trivquiz comic. Lots of art, comics and illustrations ... not just mine, but everyone from Stan Chow to Roy of the Rovers ... and stories and histories of the "beautiful game."

My first article is entitled "The Time I Tried To Tickle Bobby Charlton." It's about the series I did in every City programme in the early 1980s, about the programme's editors and how, through my City series, I got an invite to a press event where I met Bobby Charlton. And he wasn't amused.

PFADart.png

Last edited:
BTW ... it's 14 years today since Malcolm Allison died. If you are interested in testing your Allison I.Q., there's a 10-part "Big Mal" quiz on my Playing For A Draw site:
Meanwhile, here's the front cover of Scorcher comic from 1973 (not drawn by me, I should add!):scorchersmall.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.