Plumber Help!!! TRV's

BoyBlue_1985

Hi, in a room I have a radiator where the TRV has broken off and because of this is always on seriously hot. Can I adjust the temp using pliers on the pin or do I have to fit a new TRV (well pay someone to). I have no idea but I cant sleep in my room at the moment

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Hi, in a room I have a radiator where the TRV has broken off and because of this is always on seriously hot. Can I adjust the temp using pliers on the pin or do I have to fit a new TRV (well pay someone to). I have no idea but I cant sleep in my room at the moment

Turn the water off at the other end of the rad

toffee balls said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Turn it off or down I heard you have to be careful because of balancing?

Balls to the balancing, turn it off and you'll stop the water flow.
Take a picture of the snapped bit and post it on here, should be able to Id it and you only have to change the head

BoyBlue_1985 said:
toffee balls said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Turn it off or down I heard you have to be careful because of balancing?

Keep both feet on the floor, about should width apart, bend slightly from the knees, and don't overstretch.

You should be fine.

sounds like it is just the head which basically controls the valve seat/pin.

take a photo of the valve as someone else said and post on here, then go buy a new one and it takes 10 seconds to replace

Bilboblue said:
sounds like it is just the head which basically controls the valve seat/pin.

take a photo of the valve as someone else said and post on here, then go buy a new one and it takes 10 seconds to replace
Maybe 10 seconds, but bill yourself for the hour lol

johnmc said:
This happened to my radiator. Just turn it off and on again and everything works fine.
I'll have to remember that next time I come across a broken one, thanks for the tip :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.