plusnet Broadband any good

I just signed up to Virgin's 300Mbps service with full Sky Sports and phone for £88 a month.

Am paying £50m for just phone and 10 times slower broadband on Sky so I'm happy about that. Sky Sports basically cost me £30 a month.

I would have gone for one of Virgin media's lesser packages, but it's not available at my postcode

I'm about to switch to Plusnet. They get great reviews and I called their customer service line to check a couple of thinks and (a) they answered the phone quickly, (b) they knew what they were talking about and didn't piss me about. That sealed it for me, so I'm switching in a few days (from BT) when my contract is up. £32 for the 76Mb service, vs around £55 from BT. (Ironically Plusnet are owned by BT!)

Vodafone are £24 for same, but the reviews are shocking and quite off-putting.

It looks like I'll be switching to plusnet as well unless someone advise me not to

I had loads of teething problems with plusnet when I first signed up a couple of years ago. I was getting speeds of 0.006 mpbs.... I know...

Their customer service promised a lot (they'll call us back, they'll send us a new router, they'll install a new line etc) all of which didn't happen the first time round. They also told us a technician was coming out. I had to take a day off work, no one turned up - when I rang they said they only needed access to the outside of the house so didn't come in... I checked my cctv, no one came near my property. So they lied and made me take a days holiday for the pleasure.

I'm going with Virgin from Feb onwards.

I had loads of teething problems with plusnet when I first signed up a couple of years ago. I was getting speeds of 0.006 mpbs.... I know...

Their customer service promised a lot (they'll call us back, they'll send us a new router, they'll install a new line etc) all of which didn't happen the first time round. They also told us a technician was coming out. I had to take a day off work, no one turned up - when I rang they said they only needed access to the outside of the house so didn't come in... I checked my cctv, no one came near my property. So they lied and made me take a days holiday for the pleasure.

I'm going with Virgin from Feb onwards.
There's an exception to every rule, but as a rule, Plusnet are VASTLY more highly regarded than Virgin. Buyer beware.

EDIT: Checking just now on Broadband.co.uk, I see there's some pretty crap reviews for both companies, and arguably Plusnet's are worse!??! That surprises me greatly since they have always been highly regarded.

So don't know what to think now!

I’ve used Plusnet for years can’t fault them

I'm still going to go with them I think. I've managed to beat BT up on the price and get them down to £41/m, but that's still £11/m more than Plusnet for the same service. (OK, so maybe I don't get BT Cloud and McAfee and other stuff with Plusnet, but I don't need any of that stuff anyway.)

EDIT (again)!

Just read some more reviews and am definitely having a wobble. They get terrible reviews on Trustpilot, absolutely terrible.

This has been quite a wakeup call for me, since I had always previously seen good reviews for Plusnet. I am really unsure now, but my BT £41/m deal comes to an end soon, so will need to either beat BT up again or switch to someone else.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.