Pneumonia

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BigOscar, 30 Dec 2018.

1. BigOscar

BigOscar

I'm petty sure I've caught pneumonia over Christmas (at least according to everyone else) and was wondering if anyone else has had it, how serious it is and whether it's worth going to the doctors? Not keen to get involved with the NHS at this time of year as it'll be a nightmare, so I'm hoping this is one of those things that you just fight off in a week or two? I'm only 31 and generally pretty healthy, with no lung issues

2. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Get to the fuckin' quack, or the walk-in, or urgent care! Yer can't see off pneumonia by yerself. Yer need some proper stuff!

3. BigOscar

BigOscar

Urgh, really? Not what I was hoping to hear

4. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Why do you suspect Pneumonia and not just a cold?

5. BigOscar

BigOscar

My biggest problem is the simultaneous fever and incredibly painful chills in my legs that's waking me up at night and then giving me weird delusional dreams where I can't keep my legs still for more than a minute, or snap out of the weird delusion my brain seems to be dreaming up to explain why my legs hurt so much.

other than that it's just the standard incredibly painful dry cough, pain breathing deeply, headache, joint pain and the like which could just as easily be a cold type thing, so I'm not sure. I feel pretty awful tbh, but it was my family who were claiming it's pneumonia. I've had colds and flus obviously but never had this weird leg chill thing and delirious stuff

6. NHS website says even mild pneumonia is usually treated with antibiotics. Just go to the docs. Pointless asking others on here about their experiences.

7. Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar

Yep, go see a professional mate

8. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Its possible i guess but then so is a cold.However,get an emergency appointment with your GP as the delirium is the concern.

Are you of a vulnerable age? Have you had the flu jab?

9. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Might go myself tomorrow,ive been feeling like shite for 5 days now :-(

10. nw42

nw42

He said he's 31.