Pneumonia

Will do, definitely going to have to go doctors tomorrow as I'm getting worse. I don't think I've got pneumonia after what some of the people on here have said after they've had it, but I've definitely got something badly wrong with me.
Go to casualty tonite if you are getting worse,that's what the NHS is for lovely

My girlfriend got it about eleven months ago, was on a drip in hospital but I’m certain she hasn’t shaken it off yet.

She’s had three chest infections since. Had a scan and she’s got a shadow on her lung. She constantly got a wheezy chest when she breathes.

Doctors in the NHS are very poor at giving the correct anti-biotics for it.

My biggest problem is the simultaneous fever and incredibly painful chills in my legs that's waking me up at night and then giving me weird delusional dreams where I can't keep my legs still for more than a minute, or snap out of the weird delusion my brain seems to be dreaming up to explain why my legs hurt so much.

other than that it's just the standard incredibly painful dry cough, pain breathing deeply, headache, joint pain and the like which could just as easily be a cold type thing, so I'm not sure. I feel pretty awful tbh, but it was my family who were claiming it's pneumonia. I've had colds and flus obviously but never had this weird leg chill thing and delirious stuff
Had very similar symptoms as you have since Xmas eve, I have asthma too,I finally went to my local walk in centre,
I was given prednisolone steroids and amoxicillin,been in bed two days,had a crap Xmas and Birthday with it,got to see my GP later today, need to get fit to get to the game Thursday.

If you seriously suspect it, get it seen to asap. If your doctors can't fit you in soon then you may even have to suffer they joys of a&e on new years eve. It can turn from you feeling like it's a heavy cold to near unconsciousness within hours.

You probably don't have it, but better to be told that than have left it. Lots of colds and coughs going around right now too, reason am up at this time myself too. Colder and damp but still hitting around 10c in Manchester, ideal for bugs, as is the fact that and washing hand covering mouths seems to be a lost artform to many.

Our daughter came down with pneumonia at the age of two. Despite two trips to the doctors the week before it wasn't picked up until we rolled into a&e and we nearly lost her, after her temperature rose suddenly to around 104 iirc, after a week of cold like symptoms. She only turned it around once the antibiotics were given, by which time she'd not eaten for almost three days. Apparently once you've had it once you're more susceptible to it too. Second scariest moment of my life, so if you suspect it then get a professional to check.

Sounds like I'm going to have to do what I've been desperate to avoid and go to the doctors. Great.

Ha mate it's mad how most blokes dread and will do anything to avoid the docs but get it done. I'm sure and hope you will be fine and although it probably seems an inconvenience just get it done. If you're asking on here then you know deep down you should be asking a professional so bite the bullet and invest the time!

If you seriously suspect it, get it seen to asap. If your doctors can't fit you in soon then you may even have to suffer they joys of a&e on new years eve. It can turn from you feeling like it's a heavy cold to near unconsciousness within hours.

You probably don't have it, but better to be told that than have left it. Lots of colds and coughs going around right now too, reason am up at this time myself too. Colder and damp but still hitting around 10c in Manchester, ideal for bugs, as is the fact that and washing hand covering mouths seems to be a lost artform to many.

Our daughter came down with pneumonia at the age of two. Despite two trips to the doctors the week before it wasn't picked up until we rolled into a&e and we nearly lost her, after her temperature rose suddenly to around 104 iirc, after a week of cold like symptoms. She only turned it around once the antibiotics were given, by which time she'd not eaten for almost three days. Apparently once you've had it once you're more susceptible to it too. Second scariest moment of my life, so if you suspect it then get a professional to check.

Listen to the man @BigOscar ^

If it is pneumonia it won’t go away on its own and you’ll need antibiotics. Had it this time last year and it’s not pleasant. But you don’t get a dry cough as your lungs would be full of fluid and you’d be coughing till you’re on the verge of passing out.
You can certainly get a dry cough with pneumonia.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.