Pneumonia

If it is pneumonia it won’t go away on its own and you’ll need antibiotics. Had it this time last year and it’s not pleasant. But you don’t get a dry cough as your lungs would be full of fluid and you’d be coughing till you’re on the verge of passing out.

I'm petty sure I've caught pneumonia over Christmas (at least according to everyone else) and was wondering if anyone else has had it, how serious it is and whether it's worth going to the doctors? Not keen to get involved with the NHS at this time of year as it'll be a nightmare, so I'm hoping this is one of those things that you just fight off in a week or two? I'm only 31 and generally pretty healthy, with no lung issues
It’s very serious, if you do have it you would be so poorly you’d have no choice. My Mum fell ill last year on Boxing Day and was in hospital for a week. It’s then a 6 months recovery time with complete rest for about 6-8 weeks. Unfortunately for my Mum ended up with Pulmonary Fibrosis which is incurable. You really need to get to medical attention though, it’s essential you get checked.

Sounds like I'm going to have to do what I've been desperate to avoid and go to the doctors. Great.

You could wait until after today's game, 3 points might just sort out the delirium, I mean you're only 31, so your adult self hasn't really had to deal with the position we've just found ourselves in, who knows by Friday you could well be fighting fit and ready to face the next 5 months, just sayin'.

Good luck.

I'm petty sure I've caught pneumonia over Christmas (at least according to everyone else) and was wondering if anyone else has had it, how serious it is and whether it's worth going to the doctors? Not keen to get involved with the NHS at this time of year as it'll be a nightmare, so I'm hoping this is one of those things that you just fight off in a week or two? I'm only 31 and generally pretty healthy, with no lung issues
Had it about 15yrs ago.at first thought it was a bug(cold chills/slight twinchings on my left side)in summer..
2days later coughing up blood fking pain got really bad,
went the hospital,said you could off died(drowned),as my lung was filling up with blood.
Still get twinches now.

Better be safe and call the gotodocs first.

Push Doctor is another option at this hour before going to the walk-in which closes at 9 or is it 10pm.

I had it in 2015 at the age of 51, took me 4 months to get over it. Fluid on the lungs with very weezy breathing, it’s horrible, coughing to a blackout. You’ll hear popping in the back of your throat when breathing through your mouth.
Closest I’ve come to thinking I was actually gonna pop my clogs.
Get help.

@BigOscar if you don't expire let us know how you get on
Will do, definitely going to have to go doctors tomorrow as I'm getting worse. I don't think I've got pneumonia after what some of the people on here have said after they've had it, but I've definitely got something badly wrong with me.

Doctors.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.