Pogba online racist abuse

Spot on, racism was institutionalised when I was a young lad in the 60’s. It was kind of accepted, we had gollywog badges, Black Sambo Moneybox’s and I used to ride a pony called ****** and nobody batted an eyelid. It probably seems unbelievable to younger posters on here but I can assure them this was just part of “normal” life. When you are young you don’t question things like that.

Thankfully we live in much more enlightened times and racism is now limited to the morons who think skin colour or culture is a reason for superiority.

I’ve heard plenty of racist remarks at football over the years but I can honestly say I’ve not heard anything in the past 20 years or so, the education has really worked. However, it will never go away because there are plenty of low life scrotes who can never understand racism is wrong.

Anyone promoting and using racist language should be prosecuted, a few weeks in jug would hopefully “educate” them.
You forgot to mention the gollywog dolls that we kids had in our toy boxes.

It's bollocks Sterling had no backing, now all of a sudden it's criminal because it's pogba, it's even made the news at 10

Agree. I dun see BBC leading sterling's defence when he was getting abuse regularly. Suddenly a rag player gets abused and BBC are up in arms.

Not thst I condone racism towards pogba. It's deplorable and I feel sorry for him. Rag or not. He dun deserved to be abused due to his skin colour.

It's bollocks Sterling had no backing, now all of a sudden it's criminal because it's pogba, it's even made the news at 10
and extensive coverage on BBC Breakfast this morning. The BBC needs to look at the output of some of its presenters and correspondents and condemn all racist remarks online not pick and choose as it suits their agenda.

They make a lot of money out of it. Anyone should be able to use social media without receiving racial abuse. The social media company's should stop it being posted and inform the local police.
And take more police off the streets to investigate online comments?
I dont think so. There are just far too many 'wrong' comments online for it to be a police job...

As @Mad Eyed Screamer has already said,some of these celebrity footballers need to think carefully about leaving themselves wide open to comments by any tom dick and harry,its just so random...just leave social media aline and get on with being a professional footballer.
If the fiscal interests are too important to an individual to leave it alone.....crack on,enjoy finding out that not everybody in the world is rational and has respect for others....but dont run to the police,ffs

In a way i expect the player concerned has had an increase of traffic to his online site,with thousands sympathetic to his plight,thereby increasing his advertising of whichever particular brand of foofball boot or clothing he is currently the face of...you know,the subject of the longest drawn out pre signing contractual talks in living history before he signed for utd..getting his image rights sorted 1st.

And,..not condoning any abuse he has received...but telling the media only a day ago that he still wants to leave utd and using his brother/agent to stir up discord,squabbling with a team mate over taking a penalty,and missing the fucker after diving to win it...might have had something to do with the high emotion/ barrage of abuse coming his way. Most players who put in a shift for their team dont attract abuse from their own fans.
F**k him

Mods move this if in the wrong place but I am so annoyed that I can't think where else to put it!

I've just been on the BBC website and read this headline:

Paul Pogba racist abuse: Twitter to meet Man Utd and Kick It Out

to read the rest of the article either go to the website itself or read to the end of my rant where I shall put a link.

When Raheem Sterling and others, both City players and other teams players, were suffering abuse did Twitter meet up with him or them? NO they didn't, Raz had to sort it out himself. What a stupid world we live in. As my old Gran used to say 'One law for them and one for us' (she used to put the rich and the poor but you can understand why I can't put that). Raz suffered abuse practically daily and nobody bothered that much. Yes a token oh dear now and again but nothing on this scale. They only listened when he made the comparison between how he and one of our younger players had been bullied and abused against how John Stones had been praised for doing the same thing. It's a flaming disgrace.

Please don't get me wrong I am totally against the people who are abusing Pogba, as I am totally opposed to anybody being abused, either racially or otherwise. Racism and bullying is an abomination on our society. However we have to be sure that everyone who is abused is treated fairly and listened to, not just the selected few.

I am sorry for the rant but it makes my blood boil. :-( :-(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49425147

I get that and agree entirely. But if I was on 250K a week I wouldnt be using any form of social media where anyone in the world can contact me at any point in the day.
I would use one where I can accept who contacts me (close friends and family only) but the whole world? No idea how they make money (endorsing products I suspect) but again if making a million a month I think I can pass on that.....
There's no point when they say "I've enough now, don't need any more" the money is a way of keeping score in an "I'm the best" game. Like highest up the wall. More likes. More followers. More retweets.

Thing is, it's some minion posting stuff, liking products, retweeting, etc. Some fashionista picking freebies from suppliers for them to wear and endorse next time they're wheeled in front of cameras.

Clubs getting them to endorse sponsors' products so they can pay them for image rights. Etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.