Pogba online racist abuse

Personally I think City should have got more involved when Sterling was getting abuse, I hate United but glad to see they are standing up for there player, even though he's a prick
Otherwise the news would be about another dire performance after spending squillions again. And odds on Ole being sacked.
United PR whiff about this publicity.

I think you have to bear in mind the part the media (often via Twitter) played in the treatment of Sterling. They knew, if not admitted, their culpability in how Sterling got abused and reporting how Twitter and Kick It Out dealt with it would have highlighted their role or left them open for contradictory evidence so they probably hid any reporting of discussions away or just left it out. Pogba has been treated fairly well by the press, in comparison, so they can take the moral high ground.

I don't think the two issues should be compared side by side, rather the Pogba incident has been dealt with better as a result of how Sterling's was handled. It's an improvement (quicker action) on how racism is handled and I know you will agree on this.

I really don't think this should be made into a City v United argument. The fact Twitter are trying to do something about it is a good thing.

I quite agree that it is a good thing that they are at last doing something about it, my beef is that it has taken a United player being abused for them to do something. Surely that is wrong and unfortunately it is a City v United argument with Twitter and probably the United PR machine as blueinsa has suggested. I'm sorry but it is wrong.

Mods move this if in the wrong place but I am so annoyed that I can't think where else to put it!

I've just been on the BBC website and read this headline:

Paul Pogba racist abuse: Twitter to meet Man Utd and Kick It Out

to read the rest of the article either go to the website itself or read to the end of my rant where I shall put a link.

When Raheem Sterling and others, both City players and other teams players, were suffering abuse did Twitter meet up with him or them? NO they didn't, Raz had to sort it out himself. What a stupid world we live in. As my old Gran used to say 'One law for them and one for us' (she used to put the rich and the poor but you can understand why I can't put that). Raz suffered abuse practically daily and nobody bothered that much. Yes a token oh dear now and again but nothing on this scale. They only listened when he made the comparison between how he and one of our younger players had been bullied and abused against how John Stones had been praised for doing the same thing. It's a flaming disgrace.

Please don't get me wrong I am totally against the people who are abusing Pogba, as I am totally opposed to anybody being abused, either racially or otherwise. Racism and bullying is an abomination on our society. However we have to be sure that everyone who is abused is treated fairly and listened to, not just the selected few.

I am sorry for the rant but it makes my blood boil. :-( :-(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49425147
You beat me to it pet.I`ve just seen this on the BBC website and couldn`t believe what I`d read.Likewise I agree with you ref the disgraceful racial abuse he received,but its nothing compared to the constant abuse Raheem got from not just the knuckle-draggers but a lot of the media.

Everyone knows the medias treatment of Sterling has been a disgusting embarrassment.
No one to be held accountable ever.

My opinion is that papers want to sell papers and get clicks on their websites.
Therefore, take a stance which they believe the majority will sympathise with to some degree (Man Utd have a lot of fans).

It's long overdue that Twitter themselves get involved. I suppose when it's a United player rather than Citys Sterling their ears prick up. That isn't fair, but rather they try and sort it now as opposed to waiting for it to happen to Sterling again - then act. Yes, they should have acted sooner and for all we know - they may do nothing yet.

Do agree with Maguire saying that social media accounts should be verified by passport number or similar. This would also confirm user age, but opens up a debate on private information which I'm not really looking to get into on a football forum.

Rather than risk sounding like victims asking why nothing happened when it was a City player - you have to look at the bigger picture and ask why something wasn't done years ago. Why clubs in countries like Italy and Russia are allowed to compete in Uefa tournaments with pathetic penalties and sanctions against them.

If City fans want to talk about conspiracies, corruption, cover ups, match fixing and all that - look a little further afield to a much more serious problem of institutionalised racism within the game.

Mods move this if in the wrong place but I am so annoyed that I can't think where else to put it!

I've just been on the BBC website and read this headline:

Paul Pogba racist abuse: Twitter to meet Man Utd and Kick It Out

to read the rest of the article either go to the website itself or read to the end of my rant where I shall put a link.

When Raheem Sterling and others, both City players and other teams players, were suffering abuse did Twitter meet up with him or them? NO they didn't, Raz had to sort it out himself. What a stupid world we live in. As my old Gran used to say 'One law for them and one for us' (she used to put the rich and the poor but you can understand why I can't put that). Raz suffered abuse practically daily and nobody bothered that much. Yes a token oh dear now and again but nothing on this scale. They only listened when he made the comparison between how he and one of our younger players had been bullied and abused against how John Stones had been praised for doing the same thing. It's a flaming disgrace.

Please don't get me wrong I am totally against the people who are abusing Pogba, as I am totally opposed to anybody being abused, either racially or otherwise. Racism and bullying is an abomination on our society. However we have to be sure that everyone who is abused is treated fairly and listened to, not just the selected few.

I am sorry for the rant but it makes my blood boil. :-( :-(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49425147

Regardless of Raheem, an important question: would Twitter have reacted similarly if the victim was a Burnley, Bournemouth, Watford, etc., player? I guess I know the answer. As some posters said, this could be an improvement on what happened to Raheem, but it can’t be ruled out that the improvement was simply because of which club Pogba plays for. Considering that social media don’t typically give shit to anything that is not benefiting them, it is a win-win move by Twitter to suck-up to the ~700M global supporters of United ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.