Points do not loyalty make!

Raffles

Having had this mentioned in numerous other threads - but nothing on it's own - I thought I'd start this one!

I am sick to death of people going on about loyalty points meaning that you are the most loyal supporter. This is simply not true.

Many of us old-timers have been to hell and back with this club - and the simple fact that we ARE still here after 35 (43) years proves that.

Also, what about the fortunes people like me spend in the club shop? The money I spend on merchandise alone must go well in to the £1,000's. Maybe the shop should give 'loyalty' points with each purchase (for being loyal to the shop and not the 'touts')?

So, all am I asking is that people stop thinking that a few thousand loyalty points makes you more or less loyal than the next fan. The simple fact that most youngsters simply haven't been alive long enough to get as many as the top 'earners' also shows this up!

Loyalty is a thing measured in years and being there when the ship was sinking - not measured by points!

I know the club have to have something in place - and that's fine. But please, please, please stop thinking the same way ;)

Thanks

best post ever ;) im sick of it too I dont have a season ticket- dooesnt mean im not loyal ( cant afford it) i was there when we were relegated, there against gillingham, just cos I cant afford to go to every away game doesnt mean Im not loyal .

hear , hear ........

(raises walkin' stick in agreement!)

There was a bloke in the queue for final tickets a few weeks ago who was in his 70's. He's been going to City since after the war finished. He told me that the queue for the 1955 and 56 finals were 19 and 20 hour waits! If points would have been in place from the late 40's he'd probably have about 25-30000 points if not more by now! He actually missed a few games over recent years due to his age so has missed out on a few loyalty points along the way so appears to be lower than many who are half his age. You telling me he's not as loyal as fans with more loyalty points than him? Pfft haha, no chance!

I'm not even in agreement with the amount of years either, as I don't believe this reflects loyalty to the club.

Someone could of said they supported City in '76, went to the final but for ages haven't bothered going to games, and for the past few seasons maybe started going again.

I don't compare myself with other City fans, I'm a city fan, have been throughout my life, some parts of my life I haven't been to one game, I don't have to justify why this was to anybody.
This does not make anybody a more loyal or disloyal fan than I am.

SteSteez said:
...Someone could of said they supported City in '76, went to the final but for ages haven't bothered going to games, and for the past few seasons maybe started going again...

That statement kind of suggests that you can only be judged as loyal if you go to games.

That's the clubs current view also.

I believe that loyalty goes a lot further than match attendances.

Maybe I'm wrong?

badge said:
i think the club's loyalty scheme is about as fair as you can get, to be honest.

Like I said, the club need something - and that's the best they think they can do (it's a bit like Star Rewards at a Texaco garage). It's just a pity the scheme isn't more like Tesco Clubcard points - where ALL purchases earn you points - not just certain ones (even the new 'Auction' system doesn't include visiting the shop in person).

All I'm simply trying to do is to remind people that a points system doesn't take all factors in to account. So using it as a slide-rule to gauge a supporters loyalty (on here) just isn't right.

cheers

The current loyalty points system only came in when we moved to COMS and changed the ticketing system so the people who remained loyal and endured the dross through the 90s and back even longer get no recognition for it.... That's a shame....

its a differcult one, i am old and been around through all the shit and i go to the games, i dont think you can knock that back.

i would like to think that cos a new fan has more dosh than me he can't over take my points with some new system.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.