Points of Blue Meeting

I don't know if they have accurate data on how many tickets are passed on to others but my strong suspicion is that they do have some idea of the scale of the problem. I'm sure we'll be talking about it over the next few months.

The minutes of the meetings will be posted on the club website once approved.
Colin I`m assuming that one of the biggest gripes that will be discussed is the piss poor website that we have.From going to accolades galore,its now a disgrace.

If that is genuinely the case then the people being punished are those going to the games
My information wasn't from the club as part of last Wednesday's meeting I should add but I think it came from someone close to the club.

But anyone going to Cardiff who was also going to Oxford and wasn't going home between the two games was affected.

Colin I`m assuming that one of the biggest gripes that will be discussed is the piss poor website that we have.From going to accolades galore,its now a disgrace.
We've had no substantive discussions on any particular topic so we don't really know how it's going to work other than the club said they want to focus on strategic issues. The obvious question is what is a "strategic issue"? The club may feel that the main website or ticket site, for example, are operational issues but I'd personally argue that problems with our main interface with fans worldwide and with match-going fans wanting to find out information and buy tickets are strategic issues. We also don't really know whether it's more about the club telling us what they want to do or us telling the club what the problems are. Hopefully it will be both ways.

Similarly I get a lot of complaints about catering issues, particularly prices and the slowness of service at half time. To me, that's not strategic in itself but it is a key part of the overall "match-day experience" for many people, which I do feel is a strategic issue. I want this club to be the benchmark for everything it does so that (with apologies to wee Davey) everyone aspires to be like City. I know from my own professional life that strategy is one thing but operational excellence in delivering that strategy is quite another. The best strategy can be delivered appallingly badly.

Good luck at the meeting Colin Mark and any other reps on here
I genuinely hope the club really take on board what you say .The thing is it aint rocket science .if officials at the club had to buy a ticket .queue up at turnstiles. and for refreshments .get a tram home or drive out of the car park after a game they would understand the fans frustration. It would be nice if once in a while they agreed to be on the other side of the fence now and again
I remember at one Prestwich & Whitefield meeting i challanged Alistar Macintosh to work one match day with me behind one of the bars at the ground and he accepted (he couldnt really refuse in front of hundreds of fans) but excuse after excuse he never made it

We've had no substantive discussions on any particular topic so we don't really know how it's going to work other than the club said they want to focus on strategic issues. The obvious question is what is a "strategic issue"? The club may feel that the main website or ticket site, for example, are operational issues but I'd personally argue that problems with our main interface with fans worldwide and with match-going fans wanting to find out information and buy tickets are strategic issues. We also don't really know whether it's more about the club telling us what they want to do or us telling the club what the problems are. Hopefully it will be both ways.

Similarly I get a lot of complaints about catering issues, particularly prices and the slowness of service at half time. To me, that's not strategic in itself but it is a key part of the overall "match-day experience" for many people, which I do feel is a strategic issue. I want this club to be the benchmark for everything it does so that (with apologies to wee Davey) everyone aspires to be like City. I know from my own professional life that strategy is one thing but operational excellence in delivering that strategy is quite another. The best strategy can be delivered appallingly badly.
Thanks mate and good luck.I know you`ll have the fans at heart as always.

Good luck to you and the other reps. Ideally, City should lay out their strategy for you and then describe how they are executing it. That should get you into discussion about the programmes, projects and initiatives in some detail. The club will have strategic objectives for growing and retaining the local fan base and I would imagine that would be a rich topic for discussion as to how.

Ask the club if they don't mind me paying for tickets up to 45 days after the match.

Well, they've set the precedent......

Can I make a suggestion.

Would it not be better to have the meeting on a different day and time?

Monday at 6.30pm in the city centre is still basically rush hour these day’s. Added to the traffic are all the new junction road works across the city centre. It’s an absolute nightmare to get in and out of the city centre atm. Monday isn’t the best day either, as it’s the first day back at work. People just want to get home.

Not having a go as I appreciate what points of blue is for, and what it does. But if it was easier to get to more people would turn up. I would definitely go, but fighting the traffic from Cheadle Heath into the city centre at that time of Evening is an absolute nightmare.

One early Afternoon on Saturday or Sunday in the Month when City aren't playing would be much better. Most people are off work, and the traffic is a lot quieter.

Just my thoughts.

Keep up the good work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.