Points of Blue Meeting

I'm not sure I'd trust City to run a ballot and I suspect you might not either. United run a ballot for away tickets and they publish the percentage of tickets available to the three ballot categories. Typically 10% of the tickets are allocated to Corporate, around 83% to ordinary season ticket holders and the rest to others, including disabled, players, staff, etc. So if there are 3,000 tickets, about 200 go to players, staff, disabled, etc while 300 go into the corporate ballot and 2,500 into the general ballot.They usually have between 2 and 4 applications per ticket.
I agree about City currently running anything at the moment however we give upwards of 30% of tickets to different groups and partners (sic) leaving just 70% to the rest.
For Bournemouth this i.e. smaller allocations, it will be even higher which means independent fans, of which some will be high pointers in the Supporters Club, are left with less than 700 tickets.

This season there seems to be a sea change. More tickets do seem to be available to independent fans and games are selling out at fewer points. Maybe some allocations have been cut. Or maybe us old ****s on high points are dying out as some posters have been supporting.

My nephew goes to nearly all scum away games how can he do that in a genuine ballot.
My sister has a rag S/T, as I understand it the away ballot isn't a completely open one - for some matches there may be two ballots and to get in the first one applicants would need to have attended or applied for a certain number of earlier matches and then the second ballot would be an open one. Apparently about 20% of the allocation goes to corporate, players comps etc.

Without turning this into a points debate another down side to a ballot is i have already paid for my hotel (Leicester away). If i did not get a ticket through the ballot i would be down cost of the hotel

And turning it on it's head, those who are further down the points totals will never book anything as they can't guarantee getting tickets. So, if the odd match like Cardiff comes along, the time left to organise time off, travel and hotels is too little.

Reading through this thread, it seems that those who go every week don't want the system to change for obvious reasons. The oft-repeated view was that they "earned" their place by going to previous away games. Problem now is that there are several thousand more blues who would go to many away games if there were unlimited tickets available - problem is that most never get a chance of any, and some folk are guaranteed all....

Clearly there's no easy answer as demand far outstrips supply.

This is clearly the crux of the issue. The criminalisation of the average football fan has a lot to blame for this. If travelling fans weren't restricted to an away section, the supply would be greatly improved for more games. Villa Park in the cup a few years ago springs to mind. I was in a packed out away end of 6k blues. The home end probably had 15k Villa fans and the rest empty. We could have sold 10k+ for that game, but because of stupid rules we didn't get them.

The same can be said of our ground - when we played Celtic in the UCL we could have given them an allocation of 10,000 and been no worse off. It was a huge game for them and a dead rubber for us.

And turning it on it's head, those who are further down the points totals will never book anything as they can't guarantee getting tickets. So, if the odd match like Cardiff comes along, the time left to organise time off, travel and hotels is too little.

This is a good point but the issue could be reduced if city applied more common sense selling timetables. I.e. everybody knew Cardiff and spurs would go low but city still started the points criteria high and reduced very gradually, whereas they could have started lower and moved down the points levels much quicker to speed things up. They should be looking to learn from previous games how to better judge demand.

Personally I've always made a judgement on whether or not I think I'll get a ticket based on previous seasons etc and booked travel at the point TV fixtures are confirmed, as travel prices will usually be too high for me by the time matches go on sale, let alone when they reach my points level. I've not always got it right and sometimes I've made the decision to go anyway and take the risk, even for games like Bournemouth where I definitely wouldn't qualify on points I've travelled twice. Once I ended up with a spare from a drop out, the other time I didn't and ended up watching in a local pub. Still had a decent weekend and was worth the risk.

Reading through this thread, it seems that those who go every week don't want the system to change for obvious reasons. The oft-repeated view was that they "earned" their place by going to previous away games. Problem now is that there are several thousand more blues who would go to many away games if there were unlimited tickets available - problem is that most never get a chance of any, and some folk are guaranteed all....

There is an answer in economics, put the prices up to lower demand.

There is an answer in economics, put the prices up to lower demand.

brave mentioning putting up prices, most want everything for a fiver these days lol, ah good old PED, a blast from many distant memories of A level economics there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.