How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The rags an Leicester are now both on track to gain 72 points, however on current form this projection is actually dropping. We play the Rags, Southampton and Fulham in the next 10 days, win all 3 and we are on 74 points.
Come the end of the season I think we will find 2nd place will have no more than 73 points.

They have still to play each other and they can’t both win - does that alter your calculation?

Not if United win.

If United beat us and Leicester, then we'll still need 20 points to be safe, I could take a draw off and say 6 wins, 1 draw and 4 losses and there's a good chance we'd do it on goal difference.

Personally though I think the line is a lot lower than that, I did think 80 points a few weeks ago, it's probably getting closer to 75 points.

What's the lowest people think we could get away with?

I think 3 wins, 1 draw, 7 losses, 75 points and we're probably still champions.

Not if United win.

If United beat us and Leicester, then we'll still need 20 points to be safe, I could take a draw off and say 6 wins, 1 draw and 4 losses and there's a good chance we'd do it on goal difference.

Personally though I think the line is a lot lower than that, I did think 80 points a few weeks ago, it's probably getting closer to 75 points.
Yeah, agreed.
I reckon if we win on Sunday that 4 more wins should do it, but we have a break (though the players don’t - unless we pull some out like the red teams are) after the Fulham game, so in my mind if we could find a way to win these next 3, it would then allow full focus on the other 3 comps from the start of April onwards. Fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.