How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
4 more wins-max. To reach 78 points Leic and the rags need 9 wins from 11 games-and they play each other.

1.01 on Betfair.

Beat the rags (and we will) and the title will be wrapped up by the Leic game.

The fixture list is quite interesting. After the derby we play twice against teams in the lower half of the table before United play again.

City v Southampton 10th March
Fulham v City 13th March
United v West Ham 14th March

We could have a 24 point lead at that point - (the rags would have a couple of games in hand).

I think United will go all out to try and break our winning streak.

I'd be surprised, if they just rolled over.

We've had some bad results vs this lot the last few meetings at the Etihad, so hopefully we'll be able to set things straight.

I think we'll go all out to maintain our winning streak.

It's likely that even 3 wins will be enough for the title, especially if we win on Sunday.

But 'likely' is the key word. Extremely unlikely things happen, especially in a strange season like this. When we drew with WBA, virtually everyone including the most optimistic fans didn't expect that we were going to win 20 odd games in a row and only a crazy fan would hope for 4 consecutive home losses for Liverpool.

It's about probabilities and probabilities may fluctuate widely. Covid, injuries, extraordinary events, etc. may change the probabilities dramatically. It's not a normal season. So, I don't really care whether we need 3 or 5 or 7 wins. All that matters is the title. Would be nice to win it earlier so that a group of say 15 players is in top condition for the key cup games.

Last edited:
it was only destined because Sterling blazed a double hat-trick over the bar within the space of about 10 minutes. The rags had a little pep talk and then Atkinson took over, we shit the bed because the Dippers had roughed us up the midweek prior and we were a bit soft. Let's see if we still are.

It was destined that he blaze a double hat-trick over the bar in the space of about 10 minutes.

United have a decent record against us recently, but typically in the games with very little (other than bragging rights) riding on them. They win a few battles, but we always win the war. We tend to beat them in the games that actually matter e.g. cup semi finals.

Sunday is another one of these "battle" games, even if they beat us, it will make very little difference in the grand scheme of things - we are winning the title and them crowing for a few days if they beat us, won't change a fucking thing.

I know I'm being a jobsworth, but Wenger never won the League Cup.
I don't know why but that's really surprised me. I suppose he did play the kids in the League Cup quite often but considering that for a lot of his time at Arsenal there was only United that could compete financially with them I'd have thought at least once they'd have gone all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.