poker losses

Have literally just busted now on Pokerstars. Fourth time I've busted on there but also had times when I've withdrawn decent amounts that have paid for hols/Xmas etc.

The hand that crippled me was K-K on the button. Too many limpers before me so bet 6xBB (more than I would usually). Guy in early position still called me with 5-5 and hit a set on a innocuous-looking flop.

I noticed he had a picture of that 'little pea' Mexican turd as his icon and he was from Manchester.

Typed in 'Nh'

'Ty'

'Fucking rag cnut' I replied.

Gambling is not for everyone. Addictive personality is ok(ish) with self dicipline, addictive personality and no self dicipline is a no no, addictive personality no self control and no patience - have your internet switched off, give your cards to the missus and seek professional help before you gamble the mortgage payment.

Never, ever, EVER chase it, some times, you just have to accept you have lost. And don't ever try and talk about it with friends\family.

I bet on football, at times I do ok, and it's probably my main hobby. I had a decent August but the good times can't go on for ever, so I sat out all September and will play again this month. Loosing £500 quid to Nadal in the space of 3 minutes a few years ago was the worst moment in my betting life, shit like that it will make or break you as a gambler.

Only ever play with money you can aford to lose.
A few years ago i used to play $10 buy ins but now things are a lot tighter money wise so i mainly play 88c 40 players sit and goes.

Manchester la la la la said:
CTID Chris said:
I don't play much now, but last year (at age 18) I won/ cashed in some decent tournaments and built >$3.5k from $150.

It's so addictive.. but it is so easy to lose it all if you are impatient. I went from SnG/MTT's to cash one week, was playing at a level that was way too high for me. Anyway, I won a hand or two, got to my peak of $3.5k.. then a couple of bad beats - "fck, I can win that back if I play another few hands at the next level"... and you're down to $500.

Ugh

AA, $2.1k pot... beaten by something like 7Js.

I put in a steep re-raise pre-flop, he shoved. Ridiculous. :(

I still have nightmares about that session now...

haha reminds me of the time I lost an $120 pot online holding AA pre-flop only to be beat by 88 for his trips :(

$120? Bloody hell. I wish I only lost that!!!!!

:P

And to be beaten by a real hand... it wouldn't have haunted me so much as the ¬7J does.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.