Police aggression towards football fans

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Ric, 8 Feb 2020.

1. WestGorton

WestGorton

We had this after the derby at ot with a big fat bearded copper rugby tacking a little kid. Don't know if he was red or blue but it was an assault on the lad. We went for the copper telling him to get off him and all we got was aggression.

2. exiled-blue

exiled-blue

Doesn't really matter what transpired beforehand. There are very few things that would warrant that happening, and a tear up at football match isn't one of them.

3. Centurions

Centurions

Well if the lad had a knife and was about to stab someone it would be justified would it not? I'm not saying he did by the way (although that's not going to stop the knee jerk reactions on here) so it really does matter what transpired beforehand.

Considering everybody seemed to videoing it surely there must be some footage of what went on?

ADVERTISEMENT

4. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Pep Out
    If the lad had a knife hitting his arm, wrist or hand would be justified.

5. exiled-blue

exiled-blue

I did say very few things. If he was about to stab someone, then yes could probably justify it as saving life. However he clearly isn't about to stab someone so that justification has gone. As other poster said, aim for arm, hand wrist, or tell him to drop knife and get on floor if has one.

Obviously somethings happened beforehand, but as an officer you still have to act professional even in the face of provocation, and that on that evidence didn't look very professional.

6. cleavers

cleavers

I agree, so I assume you have reported it, as you are police ?

7. exiled-blue

exiled-blue

It has already been sent to the IOPC

8. mike1923

mike1923

The police genuinely show more restraint tackling terrorists with knives than they do dealing with football fans. Sickening

Bigg Bigg Blue and bluethrunthru like this.
  9. cleavers

cleavers

Good I hope he's kicked out and prosecuted, if any member of the public attacked another like that it would be GBH, sorry if you felt I was getting on your case, I wasn't, I just don't like seeing people behave that way when in a supposed position of "protect life".

That was pure "oh football supporter = deserves it", its a disgraceful attitude that I've witnessed far too often, here and abroad, the best policing of football fans I've witnessed is in Germany, and over several decades, for the most part they always try to calm things down, but if it doesn't they will eventually go in hard, but generally they control it well.

bluethrunthru likes this.
  10. bluethrunthru

bluethrunthru

Thats coz terrorists pose them a genuine threat......................