Policing in America

bluethrunthru

Yet another example of Police thuggery in the States. We saw it all last year and we witness the shooting of unarmed people - often young black men - every week. This girl took it to court - the Mayor has said its excessive force being used and a judge has upheld the indictment meaning it can go to trial. In protest the rest of the squad - who did nothing to intervene - have resigned en masse because one of their own has been indicted..... so they don't agree with the decisions of two elected officials who's job it is to uphold the law. Why are they even Police Officers? My view would be simple - accept the resignations and tell them to hand in their badge, gun and locker key on the way out.

Yet another example of Police thuggery in the States. We saw it all last year and we witness the shooting of unarmed people - often young black men - every week. This girl took it to court - the Mayor has said its excessive force being used and a judge has upheld the indictment meaning it can go to trial. In protest the rest of the squad - who did nothing to intervene - have resigned en masse because one of their own has been indicted..... so they don't agree with the decisions of two elected officials who's job it is to uphold the law. Why are they even Police Officers? My view would be simple - accept the resignations and tell them to hand in their badge, gun and locker key on the way out.

Do you know I spotted this a couple of days back and skipped past it as I thought it was about the old man they pushed over and that PD went to resign cos one of their own had been charged.

I think there's a belief that the biggest gang in the world are untouchable!

Maybe they are?!

Do you know I spotted this a couple of days back and skipped past it as I thought it was about the old man they pushed over and that PD went to resign cos one of their own had been charged.

I think there's a belief that the biggest gang in the world are untouchable!

Maybe they are?!

Yes that did come to my mind. I think that the worrying thing for America is the recruitment and training of PD's if fucked. The wrong people are in charge and they attract and are attracted to more wrong people - its often put aside as just one rotten apple in the barrel - looks to me like the majority of the barrel is rotten.

We have much the same here with the Met...... report after report highlighting problems we are told "lessons will be learned " and ten years later another report says they are "institutionally......( insert problem here ) "

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.