Policing in the UK.

It does amaze me, most of the time they are not needed, but there are always 100s at every game, the stewards can manage the situation just as well

If you are ever unfortunate enough to be served a warrant by a bailiff chances are there will be two (or more) cops in tow there "to ensure there is no breach of the peace". Why? A man is going to hand you a piece of paper. If there is an issue can he not call the Police to claim there is a breach of the peace taking place? Its for that reason I care not a jot when the Police complain about funding, staffing and stretched resourcing.

It does amaze me, most of the time they are not needed, but there are always 100s at every game, the stewards can manage the situation just as well
Thing with the stewards, isngivensomeone a hi-viz for the day and many get power mad, wjen effectively they have no power at all, they cannot touch you, detain you or remove you, only a police officer has that legal right, if a steward wanted to get arsey you can just walk away and they cannot do a thing about it.

Same shit with guards in shops or those enviromental enforcement agents that attepmt to fine people, you don't have to stop when they ask you to or give them any details they ask, of course they can citizens arest you but with minimim force, you can still pull away and walk off

Thing with the stewards, isngivensomeone a hi-viz for the day and many get power mad, wjen effectively they have no power at all, they cannot touch you, detain you or remove you, only a police officer has that legal right, if a steward wanted to get arsey you can just walk away and they cannot do a thing about it.

Same shit with guards in shops or those enviromental enforcement agents that attepmt to fine people, you don't have to stop when they ask you to or give them any details they ask, of course they can citizens arest you but with minimim force, you can still pull away and walk off

Security guards can detain you in shops if they believe you have committed a crime.

Security guards can detain you in shops if they believe you have committed a crime.
I said that, they can perform a citizens arrest using reasonable force you can walk away from it though if able, them telling you not to leave can be ignored if you see fit, of course if you are innocent then no harm in co-operating if they are polite about it.

the "independent police complaints commission" is up there with "northern powerhouse" and "levelling up" in the taking the piss stakes. The numerous "bobbies on the beat" programmes are so far removed from the reality that the public experience, blatant propaganda at best. There is no will to clean up the govnt's own version of a hit squad, it's a mutual "you scratch my back" epitomised by the met, glorified by the press, and virtually ignored by the bbc. Orgreave, Hillsborough, Bradford fire, etc etc etc, a mountain of corruption involving judges, coroners, the msm' all linked to the police and the "secret society" network. Before anyone comes out with the pitiful plaint "most coppers are decent", the same excuse for bent politicians, just one word. Rearly ??????

If you are ever unfortunate enough to be served a warrant by a bailiff chances are there will be two (or more) cops in tow there "to ensure there is no breach of the peace". Why? A man is going to hand you a piece of paper. If there is an issue can he not call the Police to claim there is a breach of the peace taking place? Its for that reason I care not a jot when the Police complain about funding, staffing and stretched resourcing.
The Police the Courts are primarily there to enforce property rights as far as I can see, not to ensure our safety.

63 year old "Canoe man" got a 3 year sentence for a one-off fraud that was his first offence as far as I know, whereas you watch the Police Interceptors type car chase show and people get let off with a warning for multiple repeat offences like dangerous driving or assault or drug dealing that cause harm to people.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.