Politics on TV

100% agree. The 24hr news cycle and social media have basically forced politicians into hiding. Well worth searching out old QT etc on YouTube - the standards of politics, politicians, thinking/debate and interviewing was so much higher.

Remember Weekend World? every week a senior politician would be questioned in detail for an hour by a senior journalist. These days they know they will be questioned for five minutes tops because the programme is about to move on to something else and so they will bullshit to avoid answering difficult questions.

we seem to have lost something somewhere along the way.

We would have the same now if we only had serious politicians once more.

Take a look around Parliament and the party’s and ask yourself who is stand out leadership quality and the answer is fucking no one.

Take a look around Parliament and the party’s and ask yourself who is stand out leadership quality and the answer is fucking no one.

If someone has the audacity to stick their heads above the parapet they get shot down by media witch hunts. So many politicians adhering to party politics that leave no room for manoeuvre on the real issues that face the country.

Now we've got "Characters" not leaders, there is no middle ground.

That is arguably a result of both main parties having lurched too far to the right and left in recent years. It has diluted the pool of talent and left us with a Parliament that epitomizes the 'Peter principle'.

Of those in the House, I rather like Tobias Ellwood, Yvette Cooper, and Dan Jarvis, and Parliament is much worse off for not having Rory Stewart in it.

On the media point, it was nice to see Chris Mason promoted at the BBC this week.

Dig up Brian Walden to scare them shitless.

On a serious note it's no longer proper journalism anymore it client journalism. A lot of interviews both sides agree what can be talked and not talked about.

Cunts like Alistair Campbell created this bullshit when New Labour were in power. They were the original kings of double speak. Other governments that have followed have took it further.

Magicpole approves this thread. However, I will get back to it, as I am presently and more importantly, unequivocally getting half cut, whilst listening to my old Max Bygraves albums. I still miss him. Herbs may have been taken too, whose counting? In short, I feel too happy to be angry over spineless cunts. Fuck, I am starting to get a tetchy vibe. Later, ah Max, Let me tell you a story.

Reactions: mat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.