Poll Closed - Favourite Male Vocalist

I hope the people who are thinking of not bothering, because it won't be about singing talent, change their minds.

For me technical ability will never trump the ability to communicate, to use a genre not referenced much yet in this thread take someone like Andrea Bocelli. He is regularly slaughtered by critics and even my untrained ear can tell there are plenty of 'better' tenors than him but he sells in droves and not only because of the record company's promotional budget. There is something in his tone and maybe even the fragility of his voice that classical music critics so dislike that just means he makes a connection with lots of people.

It is hard though to divorce the singer and the song though. Do I listen to Everyday is like Sunday and think Morrissey was a great singer or a great storyteller? Probably the latter tbf.

This is a very subjective topic. One mans hero is another’s nails down a blackboard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.