Poll | Our involvement in proposed Super League (TSL)

What do you think lay behind our involvement in the ill-fated TSL?

• We've become what we've always hated

Votes: 74 12.1%
  • An ill-judged cock-up

Votes: 220 36.1%
  • An opportunist bit of mischief making

Votes: 23 3.8%
  • A cunning conspiracy to hit our enemies hard

Votes: 67 11.0%
  • Not good but had little choice

Votes: 209 34.3%
  • None of the above

Votes: 17 2.8%

• Total voters
I went for none of the above.
The reality in my opinion lies somewhere between A cock up and Opportunistic Mischief.

I don’t think we planned it. Never wanted in, made the best guess decision in the time frame as to what to do.
Did what we do well,..... say nothing under pressure and weigh up the facts.
Ultimately we came to the right decision. We could have done without the PR of having thrown our lot in with them initially.

But the exposure of the real evil in football is the big bonus for us.

Whether it was for two days, two weeks, two months or two years... Soriano, acting on behalf of Manchester City, effectively climbed into bed with the rags and scallies.
I can't for one second believe this was any sort of 'sting' played out by City, or our agreement to join wasn't fully sanctioned by Khaldoon/Mansour... Until I'm convinced otherwise by Khaldoon/Mansour, I'll believe that they wanted 'in', to get a share of the funds available, regardless of the impact on the rest of football.
Their apparent lack of awareness in relation to potential (obvious) fan reaction shows that they either don't have a clue about City / traditional football fans in general, or they don't give a shit about the fans.

Their 'first action' was to jump into the SL - suggesting the club is no different to United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea - Greedy, manipulative, selfish and focussed 100% on starving traditional football clubs out of existence.

Never forget, never forgive.

I suspect that this mid week league format was a way to get those involved playing in different cities of the world!
Opening up the chance for those in Asia/ far east /america, or even Africa to watch a game live with some meaning (rather than the exhibition friendlies played at the start of the season), we as regular supporters would pay for the privilege of watching on TV.
I don't think it's gone away completely, those owners will have other ideas of how to boost revenue.

Got a job for you in Liverpool, mate. Good rates plus expenses. You'll just a need an American accent and to known the words to 'You'll Never Walk Alone'.
Thanks PB but my life insurance policy has expired, plus had enough excitement, and probably safer, doing EP in Baghdad during the so called US Police action in the 80's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.