What to do with political threads

• Ban them completely

Votes: 34 15.4%
  • Put them in a Politics sub-forum

Votes: 121 54.8%
  • Leave things as they are

Votes: 66 29.9%

• Total voters
I was planning on waiting until we had the forum upgrade sorted before trialling this, but we've hit a few snags on that front so am going to set it up this morning. Will see how it goes but, as with everything, any feedback welcomed. You might see a few threads disappearing (nothing new there, you may quip!) whilst I get it set up. Cheers.

Banning them is not really an option I think since that will just make political debate spill into other threads and the mods will be endlessly tidying up, removing posts and issuing bans.

Surely, just stick them on a forum where people uninterested in such stuff don't need to look?

EDIT: ... that is if we need to do anything at all. I am perfectly happy with things as they stand.

Thanks once again - Ric for granting me the modding rights for the new politics sub forum. Can't wait to get started.

Thanks once again - Ric for granting me the modding rights for the new politics sub forum. Can't wait to get started.

Maybe not a bad idea one left winger, one right winger and one centrist appointed to mod it.

Also @Ric the peterloo thread bumped every year is that staying on off topic so it is more widely seen

Maybe not a bad idea one left winger, one right winger and one centrist appointed to mod it.

Also @Ric the peterloo thread bumped every year is that staying on off topic so it is more widely seen
That seems fair to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.