What to do with political threads

• Ban them completely

Votes: 34 15.4%
  • Put them in a Politics sub-forum

Votes: 121 54.8%
  • Leave things as they are

Votes: 66 29.9%

• Total voters
No one reads the guardian any more. Not far off the morning star.

You obviously don't most wishy washy lib dem, middle of the ground everythings offensive to someone annoying paper, that gave up on it's left wing support for neo-liberal boredom years ago.
Read by the chortonian middle class over their avacado flatbreads and herbal infussions, because they think it's inteligent.

Keep them just moderate them more when the discussion starts getting personal or devolves into personal attacks.

Debate the point not the person making it.

Tend to agree with this, only when certain poster decide to derail the thread with point scoring digs at each other or trailing off onto another topic to deflect (like the south china seas bollocks in trump thread atm, totally different subject for a seperate theead).

When that happens freeze the thread for a cool off period privately remind those to behave.

I do think though that insulting the person on the topic should be allowed within reason, so if someone wants to call corbyn a liar or a danger to the country for example or may a useless fuckwit then that should be allowed as long as not overstepped.

Last edited:
I'd leave it as it is but if you don't get the result you want from this vote then just redo it.

I’ve said root put them in a sub forum. But I’d also suggest new mods for it specifically. A few from the left and the right, leavers/remainers etc to try to balance the moderation.

Let people take the piss in off topic as well though Ric, that's been the bigger difference and problem.

Yeah, as mentioned in the "Forum changes" thread we'll be a lot more lenient in terms of moderation so that things become a bit more light-hearted again. As long as people aren't being racist, homophobic or sexist/misogynistic then we'll let things go. The latter is always a bit of an issue though. There was a Coronation Street Babes thread that got pulled yesterday, because some of the comments were a bit unnecessary. I'm sure people will say they're just having a laugh, but I can see why some women are reluctant to post in Off Topic when they see girls being talked about in such terms.

The problem with the political threads is that it shows us the true nature of some of our fellow Bluemooners which we would not otherwise see and frankly I find being part of the same forum as some of these people distasteful.

We are on this forum because we support City. If I want to discuss politics I can seek out a more relevant platform.

Don't read them I hear you say, which is a fair comment. But when I use the 'new posts' function to see what the latest is on City these threads are invariably near the top and I find it very hard not to click on them.

Just my 2 cents and given the results of the poll so far I will have to deal with my distaste if I wish to continue using the forum, which I do.

Leave it as it is. A sub-forum will mean nobody will visit. And Brexit/Trump are arguably the world's biggest talking points at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.