What to do with political threads

• Ban them completely

Votes: 34 15.4%
  • Put them in a Politics sub-forum

Votes: 121 54.8%
  • Leave things as they are

Votes: 66 29.9%

• Total voters
Great idea for those who want to put the political world to rights,if you aren't interested you can give it a miss.

But I LIKE trying to score points off others and being petty.

I'm fine with whatever makes it easier for the mods and I've no idea if the toxicity gets hard to manage.

Despite the snippiness and difference of views I think I've only blocked one poster and that wasn't due to being offended, just irritated, and it worked a charm.

Yeah, as mentioned in the "Forum changes" thread we'll be a lot more lenient in terms of moderation so that things become a bit more light-hearted again. As long as people aren't being racist, homophobic or sexist/misogynistic then we'll let things go. The latter is always a bit of an issue though. There was a Coronation Street Babes thread that got pulled yesterday, because some of the comments were a bit unnecessary. I'm sure people will say they're just having a laugh, but I can see why some women are reluctant to post in Off Topic when they see girls being talked about in such terms.
I think threads like that one are best avoided but there are loads of others to have a laugh in,when eurovision was on even bluebearboots posted,it's the fun threads that will bring them back

Will a sub forum solve any of the issues? The biggest problem with political threads is whataboutism. We know the usual suspects who do it. One of them cant spell the word helmet. There are a few in the brexit thread too. Whataboutism spoils any sensible discussion, and that will be true no matter what forum it is in
And another can't use an apostrophe correctly :-)

Sub-forum. Hardly ever click on off topic any more as it is just two sides arguing none stop over whose political opinion is correct.

Wouldn't want a sub forum, it's a football forum, mainly. Off Topic is for anything else. Let the ones who are bothered about it argue. Not going to get them anywhere. I'll just ignore it anyway!!

Wouldn't want a sub forum, it's a football forum, mainly. Off Topic is for anything else. Let the ones who are bothered about it argue. Not going to get them anywhere. I'll just ignore it anyway!!

Off Topic has taken over though.

It’s the best of the lot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.