pompey crowd

Bill

a bit sparse, you would think they would fill the place knowing they are cash strapped, no good asking for help if you can't help yourselves.

Was thinking tha tmyself as it usually Full .Fans must think the writing is on the wall

To be honest there crowds have been poor for few months, maybe there support isn't as great as ppl think.

I was shocked as it looked very sparse. I'll be interested to see the official crowd number?

But lets face it they didn't get especially high gates when they were in the Championship previously. I feel for the fans though, really feel for them. I still think they will pull through though. The emotional attachment with football clubs makes it different to a normal business and the reproach that could happen from enraged supporters towards the people that finally pull the trigger I think will stop that from happening.

Blue Lloyd said:
I was shocked as it looked very sparse. I'll be interested to see the official crowd number?

But lets face it they didn't get especially high gates when they were in the Championship previously. I feel for the fans though, really feel for them. I still think they will pull through though. The emotional attachment with football clubs makes it different to a normal business and the reproach that could happen from enraged supporters towards the people that finally pull the trigger I think will stop that from happening.

H M Government pulling the plug, so makes no odds.

frasermcfc said:
Blue Lloyd said:

H M Government pulling the plug, so makes no odds.

If it happens they will do what Boro did in 1986. Portsmouth Football Club will still be around next season I'm certain of it.

Pompey fans are part of a bunch of supporters I cant stand. Them, Stoke and Burnley all averaged 12-14000 the years they gained promotion then sell out in the prem and rather than being called glory hunting part time fuckers they get praised as passionate and amongst the best fans in the country. When they go down (if they are still in business) they'll all dwindle away again

franksidebottom said:
Pompey fans are part of a bunch of supporters I cant stand. Them, Stoke and Burnley all averaged 12-14000 the years they gained promotion then sell out in the prem and rather than being called glory hunting part time fuckers they get praised as passionate and amongst the best fans in the country. When they go down (if they are still in business) they'll all dwindle away again

And the 28,000 we had in the third division in comparison to the 45k (ish) we average now are.....?

Don't forget Portsmouth hadn't been a topflight side since 1986, Stoke about 84-85ish and Burnley since the mid 70's. Your point smacks totally of football snobbery.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.