Poor Pompey

Miami Weiss

Literally, meltdown down South.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5912788,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 88,00.html</a>

Portsmouth's financial problems have deepened after they failed to meet a deadline to repay £9million owed to former owner Sacha Gaydamak.

The cash-strapped club are fighting a winding-up order over an unpaid tax and VAT bill with the South Coast outfit fighting to avoid going into administration

Portsmouth were forced to sell Younes Kaboul and Asmir Begovic during the transfer window to raise funds and help pay the players' wages.

However, the club could face problems after it was revealed they have missed the deadline to repay money owed to Gaydamak.

The latest revelation is another blow for the Premier League's basement boys, with the club having failed to pay their players on time on three occasions this season, while their official website was temporarily closed down because of payment problems.

...........and yet it's nasty Man City, with all their money, that's ruining football.

Feel sorry for them if I'm honest, they're a good little club with a great die hard element to their fanbase. Bet they fucking hate spurs aswell now, which is fine by me!

We're in the shit if Portsmouth cease to exist before the season ends.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
In these situations I find it puzzling - where all the money has gone, how have they managed to pay top dollar for so long, and why now.
they've paid for everyone on a buy now pay later deal as far as I can see. And with people like Redknapp, Storrie and a number of agents all alledgedly taking their own cuts out of the deal, even for players going out, the money just fritters away.
I used to play footy with someone who was very high up in one of the big banks, he used to provide finance for clubs buying players. He would NEVER disclose any deals he was involved with until one day we was talking about people taking money out of the game. There was a cetain french centre half who signed for a top scottish club on a free in the summer, he spent six months there, in the following January he signed for a north east English club for £8.5m. I know for a fact that the Scottish club got approx £1.5m of the money with the rest being distributed between both managers, both chairman, the player and agents. This is how clubs go under, you sell a player, tell everyone you have £8.5m and actually get £1.5m as a selling team, as for the buying team the club borrows £8.5m then spreads the money out to a few individuals and then pays it back with added interest! THEN the player turns out to be shite and he goes on a free a couple of years later. One of these a season and your eventually going to be fcuked!

I used to like them, but they showed they where a pathetic set of fans they are on sunday. Singing 'Rooney, Rooney' f**k off back daaawn south

The winding up hearing is next Wednesday so unless something dramatic happens before next Monday, they will probably go into administration on Tuesday. At least that gives them a chance of survival whereas if they are wound up they are utterly finished.

i used to like them and i feel sorry for them because of the position they r in but they crossed the line on sunday singing rooney rooney what twats

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.