Poor treatment of bar staff

My only issue with the original post was that you were publicly naming someone without them having the chance to respond, and that it sounded like something that the club really needed to investigate. Hope your daughter gets things sorted out mate.
Yea that's fine Ric I do understated.

If a manager has actually said if you don't like it you know where the door is that is grounds for a constructive dismissal case. As someone else has said contact ACAS or an employment lawyer. Did she have a contract or was it casual? In the first instance she should raise a formal grievance outlining the treatment she has been subjected to.

It's bullying and the company need to address this matter. They will have policies for performance issues and that won't be one of them. (not suggesting she wasn't performing well).

Even if your a volunteer by law you have to have a contract of employment and issued with an employees handbook, I would contact ACAS, however they need a kick up the arse most of the time, a no win no fee HR Lawyer is whats needed and ASAP

Even if your a volunteer by law you have to have a contract of employment and issued with an employees handbook, I would contact ACAS, however they need a kick up the arse most of the time, a no win no fee HR Lawyer is whats needed and ASAP
Hi. Many thanks for the advice given.

Not quite true.
If there is no actual contract in law you fall back on what is known as an implied contract.
This is just as binding.
I have won an employment case where the terms of an implied contract over rode an actual contract.
In some ways an implied contract can be more benificial to an employee than having an actual contract.

Unfortunately those at the top don't give a shit about those at the bottom.

There are so many layers of management at City, and it's so structured, that the Directors and top Managers never get to hear about the bad treatment of staff.

No doubt targets have to be met, but there is a proper way of treating staff to reach those targets. And it's not by (verbal) bullying.

All the guff about Jamie Oliver and that American Catering company, and predictably our catering and the way the catering staff are treated is no different to many other places.

The Directors at City need to drag these low level Managers in and remind them of the roles, and their responsibility of treating staff correctly.

Last edited:
Unfortunately those at the top don't give a shit about those st the bottom.

There are so many layers of management at City, and it's so structured, that the Directors and top Managers never get to hear about the bad treatment of staff.

No doubt targets have to be met, but there is a proper way of treating staff to reach those targets. And it's not by (verbal) bullying.

All the guff about Jamie Oliver and that American Catering company, and predictably our catering and the way the catering staff are treated is no different to many other places.

The Directors at City need to drag these low level Managers in and remind them of the roles, and their responsibility of treating staff correctly.
Bit more complicated than that as the op daughter works for an outsource - they will have different HR policies to City. It really is down to F3 to manage this correctly. City will manage the contract and may well have kpi's in the contract to measure stuff like staff satisfaction but they will only take an overarching view of how F3 manage their staff. They wouldn't get involved in individual cases in the normal course of business.

This is unfortunately an all too familiar account. In a lot of high turnover roles staff get treated like shit. I did some consultancy work for a well know Healthcare provider (well known for high profile addiction cases). The way they treated their staff and the people entrusted into their care was simply disgusting. They were receiving huge fees and providing the most basic service. I quit the role because I couldn’t stand to be there it was simply horrible. Without being too political their are no workers rights left in the U.K. unless you have two years service - employers know they can get away with anything - and hence they do.

Bit more complicated than that as the op daughter works for an outsource - they will have different HR policies to City. It really is down to F3 to manage this correctly. City will manage the contract and may well have kpi's in the contract to measure stuff like staff satisfaction but they will only take an overarching view of how F3 manage their staff. They wouldn't get involved in individual cases in the normal course of business.

I have dealt with F3 on a number of occasions...
Money grabbing company who’s only interest is to provide the lowest possible service at the highest possible price.

This is unfortunately an all too familiar account. In a lot of high turnover roles staff get treated like shit. I did some consultancy work for a well know Healthcare provider (well known for high profile addiction cases). The way they treated their staff and the people entrusted into their care was simply disgusting. They were receiving huge fees and providing the most basic service. I quit the role because I couldn’t stand to be there it was simply horrible. Without being too political their are no workers rights left in the U.K. unless you have two years service - employers know they can get away with anything - and hence they do.
Its so short sighted. When staff enjoy their work they are more productive and provide better customer service. There are many organisations that still do see staff satisfaction as a key performance indicator thankfully.

Reactions: nmc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.